Quantcast
What's your ride? - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Stumblinman View Post

'79 CJ5 My waggy is still in surgery.

Nice

don't have any pictures handy, but its a 2000 dodge dakota that I bought as a roll over, put in a corvette drivetrain (motor and trans) and a ford explorer 8.8 inch disk rear. here are a few short vids of it, many moons ago:

http://www.streetfire.net/video/firs...ota_174486.htm

http://www.streetfire.net/video/pre-...ota_173833.htm

My dad and I built it, roof was caved in, no pick up bed post crash, good times

Still my DD, gets obscenely bad mileage but its 440 horse so its fun

1996 Lemond Zurich, maybe my favorite steel road frame of all time. Thinking of buying a cross bike soon, I just moved next to a long gravely levee top trail that is just aching for long rides. For the Surly with the flats: New Orleans, due to the tourist drinking/smashing bottles/wrecking cars into unmovable objects problem, also has a big broken glass/flat tire problem. My last daily rider had wider stays than the Lemond and could fit Continental Top Contact 28s. Two years of daily commute and zero flats, and they roll pretty darn fast. The Conti GT4000s I ride now are a little faster, but that first time I got glass in a tire it was like I had forgotten how to change a tire it had been so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardeau View Post
    1996 Lemond Zurich, maybe my favorite steel road frame of all time. Thinking of buying a cross bike soon, I just moved next to a long gravely levee top trail that is just aching for long rides. For the Surly with the flats: New Orleans, due to the tourist drinking/smashing bottles/wrecking cars into unmovable objects problem, also has a big broken glass/flat tire problem. My last daily rider had wider stays than the Lemond and could fit Continental Top Contact 28s. Two years of daily commute and zero flats, and they roll pretty darn fast. The Conti GT4000s I ride now are a little faster, but that first time I got glass in a tire it was like I had forgotten how to change a tire it had been so long.
    i ride a Surly Cross-check almost daily. (when i am not jogging or mountain biking). i run 28, conti Gator skinz. i rarely flat, and my trail is filled with goat-head stickers.

i love the feel of my cross check. super comfy, not really aggressive riding position. i feel like i can go forever. i do need a better bike seat..i am liking thinner saddles these days. like the selle italia on my mountain ride.

My personal vehicle is an F150 Lariat, 2008. My work truck is a 2010 F350 Super Duty

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

I got a selle flite in eBay for something like thirty bucks. It's really comfy.

boulder allroad.

love the fenders!! still debating if i should put them on my Surly.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhay View Post
    Damn you, Salty! My 2008 speed3 was my baby! Wash, wax and clay bar almost every weekend! Had a modified Mazdaspeed short ram intake on it, and removed the counter weight on the shifter. That thing was just over $400 a month for insurance alone. I was stupid and crazy for paying as much as I did, but I GD loved it! Regrettably I had to sell it back in 2011.

Attachment 14369 Attachment 14370

Now I drive a 2011 Eco Cruze. I grew up in Detroit in the 90's, and grew to dislike the big 3 very much. Real crap cars, so I never thought I'd be driving a GM. When I was shopping for a new car after the Mazda I didn't even consider Chrysler or Gm. The new Focus was nice overall, just not my style. My real complaint was the manual felt way too rubbery and that killed it for me. But then I stopped at a Chevy dealership just for the heck of it. I mean, I'll always drive just about everything in my price range and give 'em a fair shot; except for Chryslers. Low and behold, the Cruze was the best driving car, with the best features and gas millage for under $18k. I mean, I even got 17" chrome wheels and bluetooth!? Now it's over two years old, with 30,000 miles and no problems, just great gas mileage and very pleasant to drive. Oh yeah, I removed the resonator from the intake and hope to flash the computer one day. An extra 35hp and even better mpg's lol. It's a good car.

But I will own another speed3 one day, once I start making money again

Attachment 14371
    You can imagine what it's like with, ahem............ a REAL crappy driving record. Yet I haven't been in an accident since 1976.

P.S. Knock on wood.

Yes! I have the SKS longboards from Rivendale bike works, keep them on all year.

I love my Surly. Great feel, and it can go forever. I've risen across the country twice on it. I dd put a LHT fork on though, to give me more front rack options
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

+ Reply to Thread