Quantcast
What's your ride? - Page 11
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your ride?

2002 Lexus ES300. 173K and still rides great.

2007 Toyota Tundra I bought when our first child was born. 2013 Toyota Venza when our second child was born. Before that an 89 GMC half ton that I am still driving, a 90 Z-24 Cavalier (my first vehicle), and my wife drove a 96 Sunfire that I just had to retire due to being too expensive to fix and keep on the road.

Well, my piece of **** finally died, head gasket blown.

Stefan

Just ordered myself a Surly Moonlander frame. It's time I try the fat tire thing. I'm be doing a build thread over at MTBR.com (same user name) as I get parts and clean up the contact points on the frame for you bike nerds to enjoy. Going to be slow moving/build as a date with a judge yesterday is going to dig into my bank account for a while...
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Well, my piece of **** finally died, head gasket blown.

Stefan
    I hear you, sir. That was the demise of my 90 Z-24 Cavalier and the 96 Sunfire.

My first car was a 90 z24. I killed the tranny though. High school drivers, lol
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    Just ordered myself a Surly Moonlander frame. It's time I try the fat tire thing. I'm be doing a build thread over at MTBR.com (same user name) as I get parts and clean up the contact points on the frame for you bike nerds to enjoy. Going to be slow moving/build as a date with a judge yesterday is going to dig into my bank account for a while...
    That should be amazing. My friend rode one the other day and has been talking about incessantly.

I've rode one of the prototype pugsleys at intebike a ways ago, and was fun. we don't get a lot of snow here, and I'm hours from the beach, but it should still be fun for bombing around the trails when it gets muddy. I'm going to get some fat slicks for it for those times I wanna look like an ******* riding it around town. My buddy Devin ride one around southern Cali touring up and and down the coast for two years on one. The Moonlander looks like all the pug bugs have been worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhay View Post
    Low and behold, the Cruze was the best driving car, with the best features and gas millage for under $18k. I mean, I even got 17" chrome wheels and bluetooth!? Now it's over two years old, with 30,000 miles and no problems, just great gas mileage and very pleasant to drive.
    Everyone I know who has a Cruze (4 people) absolutely LOVE theirs. My dad bought a Silverado 3500 diesel when he retired, but he got divorced soon after and was stuck with it for his daily driver...so he wanted a compact car as an alternative. He has a Cruze LTZ and averages 34-35 mpg...it looks great -- just wish he got the RS package too, as the fogs and fascia changes really set it off. Best looking car in the segment in my opinion.

I just put 60,000 miles on my '09 CTS last week...bout time to either sell her and get an ATS 3.6L, or hold of for the all-new 2014 CTS twin-turbo V6 later this year (pretty much what I've been asking for since the first gen CTS -- something to slot between the V series, and this will do nicely at 420-hp with 430 lb-ft of torque mated to an 8-speed transmission).

My Z-24 Cavalier was my first vehicle and I paid 8000.00 cash for it in my grade 12 year. Work for two summers before that to buy it. I put an IASCA grade car stereo in the thing that cost more than the car. Man was I dumb. Should have used all that money to buy a high end home stereo system and today it would likely be worth something and I would still have.

It was always nice to get the revs up and squawk the tires in first and second. I would still be driving that car had the cooling system not failed, likely a head gasket issue among other things. Ah the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    My first car was a 90 z24. I killed the tranny though. High school drivers, lol