Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac J View Post
    Everyone I know who has a Cruze (4 people) absolutely LOVE theirs.
    I was looking at a Cruze for a vehicle to commute with. Just about bought a Malibu in 2009.

Nice red Sunfire in the background.

2012 Honda Fit Sport in purple. You'd be surprised at how much you can fit in this little thing. The only thing I hate about it is the tires... Nobody keeps them in stock and they are extremely overpriced, a big pain when it comes time to replace them.

2013 Honda Accord EX-L sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbrother View Post
    2012 Honda Fit Sport in purple. You'd be surprised at how much you can fit in this little thing. The only thing I hate about it is the tires... Nobody keeps them in stock and they are extremely overpriced, a big pain when it comes time to replace them.
    Look on Tire Rack to see what is available. Then call Frank at Alban Tire in Newington; they can order you just about anything and have it within a day or two. Their pricing is usually very good. Also, although Silver Spring is a hike for you, Radial Tire is tops. Long, long lines form early though. Most times I order new tires from Tire Rack and have them sent to a nearby shop, where I go to get them mounted. Tire Van is also a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbrother View Post
    What are you getting for MPG with the Honda?

I average about 35 mpg, I can hit 45-ish if I really pay attention when I am driving.

Thank you for the tire tips. I'll check those places out since I need to replace them soon.

[QUOTE=boomchakabowwow;197461]allow me to get this back on track..my two cars. (wife's car not represented)

"Betty Whitey" and "AG"

Interesting.. Duck tail spoilers are the legacy 70s era. The 911 E or T series wld have chrome parts on the bumpers . Whale Tail spoliers are the legacy of the 80s. Cant remember when they did away with the front quarter windows....

rgds
    d

much more awesomer
    Still having a blast in my 2006 smart fortwo pulse cabrio. It's even smaller than the current smart fortwo that's been available in the States since 2008, and has a tiny (799 cc) common-rail turbo diesel engine. In stock form it makes 40 bhp and 65 lb·ft torque, but a couple of years ago I remapped the ECU to bump it to a scorching 54 hp and 85 lb·ft that's good for 95 mph (on a closed course, obviously... ). If this little fuel miser weren't available in a cabrio (soft-top) I doubt I'd have bought one, but with a lifetime 53 mpg (combined), an open roof and a ton of character it's just a cool little car.

We test-drove the new electric version (also a cabrio) last week and are sold on it; now we just need to figure out where the money will come from.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

[QUOTE=zitangy;202628]
    Quote Originally Posted by boomchakabowwow View Post

Interesting.. Duck tail spoilers are the legacy 70s era. The 911 E or T series wld have chrome parts on the bumpers . Whale Tail spoliers are the legacy of the 80s. Cant remember when they did away with the front quarter windows....
    The ducktail is better at reducing uplift then the whale tail, plus it's a bit lighter. The ducktail is a popular 'backdate' for 80s-vintage 911s that get tracked.

correct.

i put the ducktail on for trackdays. currently, i am running the stock lid. my trackdays are behind me now