What's your ride?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravy Power

Reaction score
Curious to know what other KKF's are drvining these days. I'm guessing the spectrum is going to be quite vast. For me, curecntly: 2012 Nissan Altima SL, in jet black. Will post photos later. Carry on!

charcoal grey 2009 Prius. had a Silver 2000 VW VR6 GTI, before. liked the GTI, love the Prius (though for completely different reasons). couldn't drive the GTI well after i shattered my leg (though i probably could now, 2.5 years on), and i love the gas bills and insurance prices (buying used, and getting a pretty nice deal on a moderately low mileage, high end version, i don't have to worry too much about the long tail of initial cost vs lower operating expense), and the fact that these things are much, much more reliable than the GTI ever was. i'll buy a 911 GT3, some day. with my dodgy leg, i don't mind the change to PDK!

2002 Chrysler Sebring convertible. The car has lost most of the paint on hood and trunk from sun damage. All shocks are gone, and it rattles and squeeks enough to make people turn their heads when I drive by. The rear windows don't close anymore and the passenger side window will follow soon. The roof material has separated from the rear window pane and it is raining into the rear storage compartment and the trunk. The roof also does not seal with the driver window anymore and I get whet when I drive in the rain. Of course, the driver seat also gets whet when the rain comes from behind and comes through the open rear window. Because of the always open rear windows and the humid trunk, I knock on the car before I get in at night to give the bugs and whatever else is living in it a fair warning. The front bumper is loose and held on with duct tape because the piece that is supposed to hold it broke off. I have replaced the ignition, the starter, the computer (3 times), and several sensors. It runs on 4 or 5 out of 6 cylinders, that seems to fluctuate. The engine warning light is permanently on but my shop has given up on figuring out why. Right now, a part of the cooling system has come apart, the car looks and sounds like a steam engine if I drive a few miles. I fixed it with epoxy today because I refuse to invest another $ into this car. We'll see tomorrow how it holds up. The car has 30,000 (!) miles on it. 30,000 miles. I have never driven a bigger piece of **** in my life. Only still driving it because being unemployed and having no idea where my next job may be are not a good basis to invest into a new car. If it ever gets to that point, I don't even think I would want to burden any organization with donating the car to them... The only thing it has going for it so far is that it still runs. Kind of. Most of the time.

Stefan

'05 Ford Focus ZXW wagon. It replaced my '01 focus wagon last year. I like the '01 more - less cabin noise and the Cosworth designed Z-Tech motor was smoother and more powerful than the Ford Duratec in the '05. The '01 was also more nimble owing to a better suspension setup.

2012 Mazda Speed3. After market intake and a tweak here and there and I'm pushing 300 HP.

IMG_7130_zps62fc9a98.jpg

2001 BMW 540it wagon. Bought this after a three year lease 9 years ago. My wife said we had to keep it at least 10 years, and we have. About 115,000 miles and it's still going strong. This is a stock picture, mine is a lot more beat up with dings and some missing side trim.
image.jpg

2005 Corolla !!!
I pull lots of chicks in this thing, especially with the child seats in the back. I like to tell everyone that I'll be driving this pimp-ride on my way to the nursing home.
I'll probably be dead before this car is.

Used to have the 2004.5 VW gli but traded it in for this 07 after we got married 3 years ago. Wife can't drive stick. But I love this car all the same. Had it "flashed" for an extra 40hp and ironically better gas mileage. It's very quick. And I love the racing style steering wheel w/ the flat bottom and thick notches.

(image scooped off Google search, but it's the exact same as mine)
Untitled10_zps22e96c37.jpg

2012 Hyundai Sonata.
First new car I've bought, and I couldn't really be more satisfied. It's nothing fancy, but it's got the stuff I need, gets over 30mpg, and is quite a good value for a fairly large family sedan.

The car it replaced was a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 Turbo. That car cost me a fortune in repairs and maintenance, and eventually the engine literally blew up, which led to the Hyundai. But damn was it FAST! It was really fun to take off ramps without ever slowing at all. The AWD and turbo was a blast to drive. Not a great "dad" car though.

2004 Volvo S60R. It's a grown-up car my ex-wife pushed me to buy 9 years ago... Just sold my '90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD a few weeks ago; I bought it new and it served as my DD for close to 15 years. Had upgraded suspension, bigger turbo and exhaust, boost controller, etc. I was sad to see it go, but I did not have time the last couple years to keep it on the road legally. My 'fun' car is an '87 911 targa; bought it around 1996. Discovered PCA and drivers ed in the late 1990s. Now I track the car a half dozen weekends a year. It's stock except for suspension. Just converted to antique status and finished with emissions, so I can replace exhaust system, etc. and not have problems keeping it street legal.

Nice rides here, salty my friend has an 06 speed 3 in black, well over 300hp now, it is a fast freaking car. I gave it a drive and it's a sweet little ride. Love the ROCK LOBSTER bike, and the bmw wagon, I'm a sucker for wagons, would love an rs6 avant, but they don't sell them here (like that's really the reason I don't have one). Currently driving a 2005 a4 with a little tweaking, not as fast as that mazda though sadly hehe. Sad to hear about your talon wildboar, my friend has had a couple of those he really loves them, but he goes through cars like he goes through shoes, I think he might have a yellow one in his garage right now. He wasn't too concerned about trying to keep them street legal though.

*Had* a 2002 Echo w/ manual transmission... until just last Wednesday when it got totalled. Some idiot driver did a very, very badly-timed left turn from the other side and I ended up t-boning it. Everyone's fine, the dumb ass is at fault, but I'm still out my car. Took great care of that car and it was definitely worth more to me than what the insurance company is going to comp me for it.

Just a 96 Camry, with a bit over 200k now.

95-96_Toyota_Camry.jpg

Here it is on the dyno:

[video=youtube;07CU52B5MXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07CU52B5MXo[/video]

07 Ford Fiesta Zetec Climate. Had it about 2 years and I like it a lot. Only a 1.3 engine but it means it's cheap to insure and it's got a ton of equipment, everything I could ever want. Sadly where I live is the most expensive part of the whole UK for car insurance. This ain't mine but it looks exactly the same

4160%20-%20Ford%20Fiesta%20red.JPG

Mostly cruisin' around town in some Clarks boots. When I'm feeling fancy I'll pull out the bike.

Sexy. I have a rock lobster touring rig I had built a few years ago. Don't do much touring anymore, so its sitting I'm my parents basement. The fiancé kept getting pissed tripping over it in our townhouse, lol

My current is a 2008 Sury Crosscheck, SS geared for commuter duty. I'll try to get a pic when I get home

Don, WOW. HOLY $HIT, super chaged Camry. Did you have to re-do the suspension to support all that torque. What is the 1/4 speed? 0--60 in ? absolutely crazy man

Haha, sorry, it was April 1. I had to do it. I wish I had that kind of power in my Camry. It does look exactly the same though :)

Volvo S60 T5 2006 on land. Bénéteau S35.5 on water.

In the midst of beautifying/overhauling a '73 Pontiac Ventura. I'll post some pics a couple months from now when the facelift is complete. So many projects, so little time...

Latest posts

Back