Easter Action Shots?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
A little surprised we haven't seen a ham slayer thread yet?

Here's mine, well, here's mom's. I do get some strange satisfaction out of using it. Maybe it's nostalgia?

016_zpse6277fb7.jpg

Ha! I remember those bad boys from spending holidays with the family on the farm! My aunts used them as well as my grandparents I recall

I've gifted at least a half dozen electric knives over the years. For folks uncomfortable with big knives, they're terrific. Anybody else ever use one in commercial kitchens for working with delicate breads and cake layers? If I used one now, no doubt the flood gates of ridicule would open.I'm a good target.

When I was a pastry guy, I used one to layer small cakes all the time, or to level sponges. I still have it, but only use it when I get the urge to do the cake thing at home, which isn't very often, lol. Don't think I've ever used it on protein though.

BTW Salty, that food looks great. Makes me wish I did a Easter dinner last night

Sliced up two pork roasts and a leg of lamb with my Rodrigue suji over the weekend, but did not take any pics :-(

My ex-in-laws loved their electric carving knife. The one or two times during the year when they cooked a roast, turkey, etc. he was in heaven.

If you ever need to chop up foam rubber, an electric knife it the perfect tool. Gives nice clean cuts.

The only good use i've ever found for them is for slicing barely set jellied terrines.

Back