Quantcast
ginsanko tanakas on ebay - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: ginsanko tanakas on ebay

Panda, I just made the inquiry. I asked many questions, including what was possible with blade lengths, if there were possible thickness variations, possible profile variations, etc etc. I'll keep you posted.

255mm? that's 15mm difference - like 5/8"

cool, i just ordered their damascus blue #2 knives to try as my owning first ever carbons. 105 petty and 210 gyuto. wanted the 240 but out of stock, thought about 270 but i already have the ginsan in that length so figure i try a diff size and since i dont have any 210s might as well. chose the 105 to see if i would enjoy a wa handled paring knife. currently all i use is a 3 1/2" mac pro for in hand tasks.

I've filled 3 ultimate edge bags already *** this addiction is ridiculous

Just gave the ginsanko 270 a workout and ill be damned if I'll ever need another gyuto, this is THE one for me. Love at first cut.

Metal master never responded. I'm pretty
    Sure I'm gonna get their western bolsterless version. Only 150

it's a hell of a great knife you won't regret it. if it came with a better handle and was fit n finished better i'd have gladly paid 300+ for it.

right now,im trying to find a someone who would could do a decent rehandle job on a bolsterless western before i pull the trigger.(hint, hint)

just ordered 150 petty in ginsanko. my current petty is takayuki in aeb-l http://www.chuboknives.com/products/...9#.UatRB0hCRhE it's a very good knife (especially like the handle it comes with) so didnt even need another. $50 on ebay, couldn't pass that up, damn impulse buys! haha. though i asked for octagon handle which is a $25 upcharge, hope they pick up on that and send me an invoice for the add on charge. the blue #2 version is also available but i think the grind on those are just too thin for me (i beat the hell out of petty and parers, so definitely lasers are not ideal). besides, tanaka ginsanko is amazing!

panda, pics are long overdue. especially considering you had your gyuto rehandled.