Quantcast
ginsanko tanakas on ebay - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: ginsanko tanakas on ebay

Hehe, I'll try to take some of the 270 g3 tomorrow at work. The 210 carbon is currently being rehandled and im gonna etch it all black when I get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    i asked for octagon handle which is a $25 upcharge, hope they pick up on that and send me an invoice for the add on charge.
    Does he charge $25 for a rehandle on the petty? When I bought my 210 gyuto he put an octagonal handle on it for $5 extra.

Really? I just purchased the 240mm Ginsanko Gyuto and he did it for free. I also purchased a couple stones while i was at it, so maybe that was it

Ha ha...metal master is like a street merchant,you gotta barter with him. I told him I would buy a 270mm wa handle gyuto but only if he switched the d handle for an octagon for free and he agreed.

I dunno, got it from eBay through 330 something. It said $24 under the shipping details.

i've only dealt with 330mate, but metalmaster sounds like a guy i would like to deal with since you can haggle with the guy. haggling is fun for me.

both ebay stores have free shipping listed on their knives presently. though the 270 is out of stock at both stores , you can get the 240 g3 for 130 or blue steel 240mm for only $150 free shipping with both.

I am not sure if you can "haggle" with him, it is worth a try. I asked for a octagon handle as it was not listed on his website and he agreed and did not charge anymore. He has been good for me to deal with, he has returned my emails, despite his reputation not to(I ask very basic english questions as I am not sure the extent of his english language, and has worked). I haven't received the shipment yet so it is just a preliminary observation thus far. Good luck

as promised, custom rehandle pics:
    pakkawood ferrule, rosewood handle. i love this handle, very very grippy and a nice medium size.

the cutting board is all nasty from blowing through a full bag of carrots with ease.

+ Reply to Thread