Quantcast
Does anyone know or be familar with ceramic knives?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know or be familar with ceramic knives?

How is it?Do you like them?

Hi Jack and welcome! No experience with ceramic, sorry!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Never used one. Never wedge it in a bone. Never drop it. Put one up for sale here and I'm willing to bet I collect my 401k before you cash in on it.

Have a Ceramic parer and utility, get used for citrus and by guests who I know won't wipe down carbon and I don't want to keep taking the knife back to wipe it. Dropping and bones are often mentioned about ceramic knives but not with other knives that wouldn't fare well, a ceramic might break but a shig could go through your foot.....

Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

My knives are too sharp for my children to use (six and eight YO daughters) so I picked up a Chocera 6" utility knife with pretty blue handle. Its light, not too pointy, not too sharp and has a small enough handle for their hands. Out of the box I'd give it a 4 out of 10 in terms of sharpness. It's laughable compaired to what many people on this forum would considered sharp. Plus the geometry, handle and balance aren't anything more than entry-level department store at best. I made a little sheath out of plastic cutting board but in our house we call it a Saya, Hight!

I have one and considered selling it since I never use it any longer. Sentimental value keeps me attached to it though.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Tried a couple of cheap ones Ikea used to sell and they were total junk

I have one and don't really like it. I bought it before learning how to sharpen 1/2 decent, and before getting some good quality steel...so I thought it was pretty sharp, but not so much now. Also, the blades are quite short, which I found to be increasingly annoying. Finally, incredibly fragile...I barely touched the edge to the lip of a bowl in my sink when washing it and got a sizeable chip for my trouble.

OK, one more: cannot be sharpened at home (maybe somebody here could do it?).
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I only use ceramic knife for cutting fruits, it won't leave any metal smell or brown the fruit!! I only recommend Kyocera ceramic knives.... Kyocera does very nice service; they will fix chip & sharpen knives for you lifetime & pay only cost of shipping.
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

+ Reply to Thread