Verjuice?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMel

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering around in my supermarket, looking for new stuff and stumbled upon something called verjuice. Description says its "semi-ripe grape juice, with less acidity then lemon juice or vinegar"
Have not seen it used in the F&B industry here in Singapore though and was wondering if anyone has used it? Or am I falling behind.

Was actually wondering if anyone has cooking experience with this thing. How it actually taste like, how it affects the food etc.

The ancient Romans used it extensively, as did the Ancient Regime chef's like Careme. Its making a comeback nowadays. Basically its like a mild vinegar

I have been using it for years. Great for fish and seafood I use in in place of wine, lemon, and or vinegar in recipes. Use it in place of vinegar in a vinaigrette recipe and use it on scallops, that's my #1 tip.

I have been using it for years. Great for fish and seafood I use in in place of wine, lemon, and or vinegar in recipes. Use it in place of vinegar in a vinaigrette recipe and use it on scallops, that's my #1 tip.

It's almost as sour as vinegar. A great ingredient in the above as well as if you're making your own dijon style mustard from seed.

Thanks for the tips, imma buy it sometime this week for a tryout at home.

Back