Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Misc knives, rosle tongs, kunz spoons for sale in Toronto

I'm not Theory(obviously), but I will say- you want those tongs cuz they are ergonomic, dexterous, and the locking mechanism is very ingenious, it's fumble free, only needs the one hand, and takes up less space in your prep/plating area, whence locked.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Hmm, if you say the locking mechanism is ingenious, maybe I will grab these, I am not concerned about space. I have a bent spoon I wear on my apron string I toss my tongs over, so I don't generally place my tongs down. Thanks for the extra little incentive.

Its a good size for the tongs IMO. Not too large. The tongs are well buit and feel much nicer than cheap tongs. My girlfriend likes to play with the tongs...she calls the locking mechanism "magic".

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    When I started at my current gig(and now slow creeping, empire) there was a pair if house tongs, that I started hiding cuz they were just right. One day, about a year and a half ago, I forgot to hide upem, found em on the rack, and somebody had broke the damn spring in em. I felt like I'd lost a close friend... I don't use tongs much lately, but I've been meaning to pick up a pair of those Rosle, as I used a pair at friends house a couple years back, and loved the hell out of em. If I was in Canada, I'd pick these up, no questions asked.
    When I come up to visit in a couple weeks I will bring you a couple pairs.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by cookinstuff View Post
    I bend all of the tongs alligator teeth out as soon as I get them, I only use tongs for pasta and pulling plates (I am short). I am in Toronto, kinda want to grab these Rosles, but 12" seems too big and locking tongs? You pro guys, are you freakin nuts? locking tongs? somebody who uses these in a pro kitchen who can't stand slow people (Theory) enlighten me on why I want these things?
    12" ones are a good size for most stuff. They make an 8" pair as well but I find them too short for most things. You couldn't bend the teeth on these if you wanted to. Sturdy, but no sharp edges so they won't cut or mark up your food. The spring pressure is nice and even so you can reliably apply the proper amount of pressure needed for fish or steak or whatever. They are insanely durable, the only thing I have ever had break on mine is the locking mechanism, sometimes it is repairable, if not, no big deal to me. These are so strong that if I only have one aide towel handy I will carry 15qt stock pots full of liquid with them.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    When I come up to visit in a couple weeks I will bring you a couple pairs.
    Thank you sir!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    12" ones are a good size for most stuff. They make an 8" pair as well but I find them too short for most things. You couldn't bend the teeth on these if you wanted to. Sturdy, but no sharp edges so they won't cut or mark up your food. The spring pressure is nice and even so you can reliably apply the proper amount of pressure needed for fish or steak or whatever. They are insanely durable, the only thing I have ever had break on mine is the locking mechanism, sometimes it is repairable, if not, no big deal to me. These are so strong that if I only have one aide towel handy I will carry 15qt stock pots full of liquid with them.
    The locking mechanism in mine broke, but other than that They've been going 7 days a week for two years straight in a pro enviornment without flinching. Would buy them again in a heartbeat if something were to happen to them.

hi
    Im interested in your Takeda knife
    I live in Toronto as well
    Send me the email about the knife info
    tien_n89 at live dot com
    Thks

Tien
    Last edited by JohnnyChance; 04-22-2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: direct email removed