• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Misc knives, rosle tongs, kunz spoons for sale in Toronto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowtyper

Reaction score
Need cash, this stuff is just sitting in a bag at home...I'd ideally like to sell to someone locally.

PXRc8IO.jpg

Left to right:
$40 Vintage 7" meat cleaver. Bought it cuz it was cool, never had a use for it. I put a bit of an edge on it, but nothing too refined. There are some chips in the edge but I didn't want to get them out, so I left them there.

Handle is in good shape. The part of the handle where your knuckle would wrap around, there are gaps between the wood and the tang, however the wood is solid and doesn't move at all. I read this can be fixed by soaking in mineral oil and the wood "shrinks", but I never bothered because the handle feels very solid.

$300 Takeda Kiritsuke 240mm. Its Kiritsuke shaped, but its double bevel, so its more like a flat profiled gyuto. Bought it from another member on this forum, and never really used it at all. Blade is very thin. There is a gob of glue where the blade meets the handle which is common on Takedas from what I've seen. I'll be sad to see this one go, even though I don't use it.

$45 Dexter Russel Scimitar...bought this on an impulse from Son. THere is no edge on it, but the blade and handle is in good shape. Needs a little bit of tip work

$50 CCK 1301...Used a bit. I have a 1301 and a 1303 and I use the 1303 a lot more.

$50 Sabatier Slicer, it said 10" on the listing I purchased it from, but looks smaller than I expected. Needs an edge. Also you need to grind down the bolster so that the edge can be flattened out. I initially wanted to do this and make it a line knife/petty style knife, but never got around to it. Handle is in good solid condition.

$200 Yoshihiro Usuba with Saya. I bought this from an ebay seller years ago. There were different names for the different lines...I can't remember what it was, but I got the most expensive one at the time. I recall he told me it was blue steel but I have no idea of knowing what it is. Its really sharp and I love this knife, but I dont' use it enough to justify keeping it. Blade will need to be flattened a little bit, but just through normal sharpening if you are good (I am not good). Mainly used for cucumber katsuramuki, lol.

Also for sale...

$35 each: Rosle 12" Locking Tongs. These were highly recommended in posts by THeory, whom I trust, so I set out to find these. Could not get them in Canada except through Williams Sonoma. I happened to be in the states and by a Williams Sonoma so I stocked up on them. I have no idea why...I'm sick. Anyways, I have two extra brand new never used or opened. Price on WS is $36.62 plus $10 flat rate shipping to Canada.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/prod...CTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

Gray Kunz Spoonsx3 (large size). $14 each. Brand new. I've only seen these sold in Canada at Knife Toronto, for $20 I think?

0yK3Yea.jpg

Also for sale...

$40 vintage Dexter Russel carbon chef knife. Shown next to 270 Konosuke for size comparison. So its a pretty large chef knife. Handle is in great condition. I use this knife at home. I like it. The profile is fairly flat and kind of Japanese-like IMO. Works well with push cutting. Sharpens easily. Looks dangerous.

Rosle tongs rock. I wouldn't dream of using anything else.

oh btw, the second PM was regarding the Dexter chefs, not the scimitar

Rosle tongs rock. I wouldn't dream of using anything else.

Today at work I was going to plate something and I needed my tongs which I misplaced for a moment. I said, "I need my tongs, have you guys seen them?" The chef says, ,"Here, just use these up here." I look at what he's pointing at which clearly aren't my gorgeous, perfect Rosle tongs and say, "Man, **** those tongs! Those things suck!" Just then my grill cook points out my tongs to me and hands them over and suddenly the world was right again. I just can't plate without them, it makes my brain hurt.

When I started at my current gig(and now slow creeping, empire) there was a pair if house tongs, that I started hiding cuz they were just right. One day, about a year and a half ago, I forgot to hide em, found em on the rack, and somebody had broke the damn spring in em. I felt like I'd lost a close friend... I don't use tongs much lately, but I've been meaning to pick up a pair of those Rosle, as I used a pair at friends house a couple years back, and loved the hell out of em. If I was in Canada, I'd pick these up, no questions asked.

I bend all of the tongs alligator teeth out as soon as I get them, I only use tongs for pasta and pulling plates (I am short). I am in Toronto, kinda want to grab these Rosles, but 12" seems too big and locking tongs? You pro guys, are you freakin nuts? locking tongs? somebody who uses these in a pro kitchen who can't stand slow people (Theory) enlighten me on why I want these things?

I'm not Theory(obviously), but I will say- you want those tongs cuz they are ergonomic, dexterous, and the locking mechanism is very ingenious, it's fumble free, only needs the one hand, and takes up less space in your prep/plating area, whence locked.

Hmm, if you say the locking mechanism is ingenious, maybe I will grab these, I am not concerned about space. I have a bent spoon I wear on my apron string I toss my tongs over, so I don't generally place my tongs down. Thanks for the extra little incentive.

Its a good size for the tongs IMO. Not too large. The tongs are well buit and feel much nicer than cheap tongs. My girlfriend likes to play with the tongs...she calls the locking mechanism "magic".

When I started at my current gig(and now slow creeping, empire) there was a pair if house tongs, that I started hiding cuz they were just right. One day, about a year and a half ago, I forgot to hide upem, found em on the rack, and somebody had broke the damn spring in em. I felt like I'd lost a close friend... I don't use tongs much lately, but I've been meaning to pick up a pair of those Rosle, as I used a pair at friends house a couple years back, and loved the hell out of em. If I was in Canada, I'd pick these up, no questions asked.

When I come up to visit in a couple weeks I will bring you a couple pairs.

I bend all of the tongs alligator teeth out as soon as I get them, I only use tongs for pasta and pulling plates (I am short). I am in Toronto, kinda want to grab these Rosles, but 12" seems too big and locking tongs? You pro guys, are you freakin nuts? locking tongs? somebody who uses these in a pro kitchen who can't stand slow people (Theory) enlighten me on why I want these things?

12" ones are a good size for most stuff. They make an 8" pair as well but I find them too short for most things. You couldn't bend the teeth on these if you wanted to. Sturdy, but no sharp edges so they won't cut or mark up your food. The spring pressure is nice and even so you can reliably apply the proper amount of pressure needed for fish or steak or whatever. They are insanely durable, the only thing I have ever had break on mine is the locking mechanism, sometimes it is repairable, if not, no big deal to me. These are so strong that if I only have one aide towel handy I will carry 15qt stock pots full of liquid with them.

12" ones are a good size for most stuff. They make an 8" pair as well but I find them too short for most things. You couldn't bend the teeth on these if you wanted to. Sturdy, but no sharp edges so they won't cut or mark up your food. The spring pressure is nice and even so you can reliably apply the proper amount of pressure needed for fish or steak or whatever. They are insanely durable, the only thing I have ever had break on mine is the locking mechanism, sometimes it is repairable, if not, no big deal to me. These are so strong that if I only have one aide towel handy I will carry 15qt stock pots full of liquid with them.

The locking mechanism in mine broke, but other than that They've been going 7 days a week for two years straight in a pro enviornment without flinching. Would buy them again in a heartbeat if something were to happen to them.

hi
Im interested in your Takeda knife
I live in Toronto as well
Send me the email about the knife info
tien_n89 at live dot com
Thks

Tien

Last edited by a moderator:
Back