Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: oiling board with wanlut oil, do i need to worry about patron allergies?

Also, of everything I have read in this thread. David (TheBoardsmith) is the closest to what I feel meets the current USDA recommendations for the food service industry in the US.
    At Death's Door You Only Have 2 choices. Die Happy or Die Regretfully.
    Knowing this...........Choose 1 and Live!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cwrightthruya View Post
    In my humble opinion...with the threshold range for nuts being between .26mg and 7.4mg....I would say use mineral oil.
    Given that mineral oil just makes sense, and that there are stories like this in the news, I would have to agree.

A personal opinion only, not a professional one. But, I have the read the the two linked articles in their entirety (It is illegal to link the entire articles, so only the summary is allowed on the open internet), and do believe mineral oil is most likely the safest choice given the low threshold dose range observed for several nut species.

Regards,
    Chris
    At Death's Door You Only Have 2 choices. Die Happy or Die Regretfully.
    Knowing this...........Choose 1 and Live!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    i had to take go out of my way to view your post to read this, so it shouldn't be a surprise, but that, right there, is one of the dumbest things i've ever read, in my entire life.
    And that is the funniest things I have ever read in my entire life
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    i had to take go out of my way to view your post to read this, so it shouldn't be a surprise, but that, right there, is one of the dumbest things i've ever read, in my entire life.
    About as dumb as someone thinking that somebody will get sick because they oiled their board with a certain type of food based oil perhaps? Even though there are no factual reports or instances of such an instance happening?

I'm glad you got my point. Cheers!
    "Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski