From My Stash: Items for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
First up is a very rare knife made by WR Case& Sons Cutlery Co.

I made the steel for these as a gift to the company. The pattern is made up using the letters CASE XX. I made about a dozen blanks for them and they made a handful of knives out of them for the company bigs and auctioned two of them at the annual Case swap meet. I made this ~10 years ago.

For the swap meet they made a two bladed knife that brought ~$3000.00 and a single bladed knife that went for ~$2000.00. They made one for me and put my signature on the handle. The handle is Giraffe bone. The blade has a light etch, photo has a little glare.

Asking $1000.00 for mine.

Love and respect

Hoss

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

Just a AWESOME piece Hoss! Thats too cool to sell. Someone better buy this one FAST. Im tempted!!!!

At the same as we did this, we were making some of our standard raindrop pattern for several models. I think they did 1000 pcs in ten different knife patterns. We've made steel for them as recently as last year. We also have an order with them right now.

Hoss

Next up: Gentlemans dress watch.

This was made by a Swiss watch maker about 20 years ago. The case, bezel, and back are made from damascus. He polished it and then chrome plated the parts. The inlays are gold.
I paid $1800.00 for it. I can't remember for sure, but I think that he made 20 or so pieces in two styles.

Asking $1000.00

Hoss

008.JPG

012.JPG

Case is SPF. Thanks everyone.

Hoss

This one was made when he was still living in Japan. Stainless clad over blue super. Not sure what the handle is, but is a step up from his low grade handles. The tip could use a little work. Size on this is 5 1/4 inches, 4.4 sun, 132mm.

Asking $150.00

Hoss

017.jpg

018.jpg

I bought this from Murray at the Eugene, OR show a while ago. I asked him to pick one out for me and this is the one he picked.
This is a 170mm kurouchi with a white steel core. He told me that this is some of the first stuff that he laminated in this country. I have used this in my own kitchen and it has a good heat treatment.

Asking $150.00

Hoss

008.jpg

009.jpg

I wil take the 170 Devin, if not already spoken for.

Chris Reeve is a leader in knife making and manufacturing. He is the first one to do a frame lock knife. This locking mechanism is now copied as much as the liner lock. It has become a standard in the EDC market.

This knife has titanium scales and a blade made from S35VN. This model is called the Umnumzaan which is Zulu for boss. This model developed after years of producing the Sebenza which made Chris famous. It has a few improvments over his original designs.

Chris and 2 guys that work for him came through Panaca just to see us. They stayed for a couple of hours and we fed them lunch and forged a bar of steel. While fixing lunch Chris liked the ITK that I was using in the kitchen and he asked(told) me to give it to him. I told him sure, give me the knife in your pocket.

Chris has been a great friend and supporter over the years. We make steel for him on an on going basis. I encourage everyone to check out his knives.

Asking $375.00

Hoss

010.JPG

011.jpg

If I did not promise that I would not buy any more folders. :(

It sucks being broke. That damascus in that Case knife is unreal, I had no idea that could be done. And the folder would be high on my list, but then again I keep losing my EDCs, so there is a limit of what I can afford to invest... Anyway, I hope someone will pick it up.

Stefan

At the Boise show a year and a half ago, I got this hat from Chris. He wore this at the show. At the end of the show he took it off and gave it to me.

That was a great show because Chris and Anne Reeve, Bill Burke and his family, Grant and Gavin Hawk and the other local makers were such great hosts. Dan O from EE bought almost everything that we brought, fond memories.

I'll throw the hat in with the folder for a little incentive.

Love and respect

Hoss

002.JPG

I love all the stories that go along with the stash items. I've always been kinda fascinated with CRK's and really curious about the fanatic following of a knife that doesn't seem objectively that much better / different than a lot of other stuff out there. So, i could never could quite bring myself to plunk down the $$ on something that I couldn't justify as well as a kitchen knife (or other toy).
Still, this is a good deal on what has to be a prime example (as good as they get) CRK. The story is good and the cause (sending some cash to "one of our own" with a bum foot) is also good.
Someone please buy this. If it's still here tomorrow, curiosity and my own rationalizations will probably get the better of my bank account.

Awesome stuff for sale here. I'd bet that the Case knife would cause quite a buzz if brought into the light and then put up for auction, Case collectors are nuts.

I love that folder, but all of my money is tied in steel now. Damn.

PM sent on the Umnumzaan
thank you... that was a close one

Awesome stuff for sale here. I'd bet that the Case knife would cause quite a buzz if brought into the light and then put up for auction, Case collectors are nuts.
Yep. Probably worth quite a bit more than asking price. Still, I'd feel weird buying something so special just to flip it.

I am really looking forward to getting it. This will replace my Sebenza which disappeared under, shall we say, curious circumstances.

Good catch!! It has a nice story!! Now you can brag about it to your friends and family. :)

Back