Quantcast
It's getting harder to tell which ones are the crazy people
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's getting harder to tell which ones are the crazy people

It's getting harder to tell which ones are the crazy people

In our town there are a few crazy people. You will see them walking around town making unusual gestures and talking to themselves. Or maybe they are talking to invisible people that the rest of us can't see. Since this is a small town you will usually see them in the grocery store once in awhile. Just give them a little space and they normally don't even notice you. These really are crazy people but since they don't hurt anyone people just accept them as part of the local color.

Lately I have been seeing a lot more people carrying on conversations or arguments when there is nobody else close by.
    Last night in the grocery store there was a young lady in the personal hygiene aisle and I couldn't help but notice her waiving her arms around, arguing loudly and finally starting to cry.

I thought "Great, just what we need. Another crazy person in town".
    But.....when I walked by I noticed the cell phone attachment in her ear.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I hear an argument break out and there is only one person.....
    Well....it just looks crazy to me.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

Cel phones / Bluetooth... Do we want to open THAT can of worms?
    Eat to live? -> live to eat... but as long as we are at it... eat very, very well!

You should try walking around the streets of Manhattan. Not only are there a lot more crazies per square mile here, but everyone has a cell phone with blue tooth so they all look like they're delusional. You get used to it though.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

I think it's safe to assume that the ones talking to themselves on the train aren't on their cellphones

Mark, the good news is that if you notice the "crazy" people you are probably not crazy....yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Burls View Post
    You should try walking around the streets of Manhattan. Not only are there a lot more crazies per square mile here, but everyone has a cell phone with blue tooth so they all look like they're delusional. You get used to it though.
    +1, except possibly armed & dangerous too.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I've got blue tooth sunglasses. My partner lives to see the faces of people watching me if I take a call during lunch. Very crazy looking.

The "crazy people" to whom you refer are probably experiencing auditory hallucinations; something that can be moderately amusing, until it happens to a member of your family. They are not part of "the local color", on the Pacific Coast or in Manhattan. They are people, just like you and I.
    That there are more mentally ill people wandering the streets is due to decisions made by lawmakers. The fact that there are more are more "armed and dangerous" people about is also attributable to lawmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipcich View Post
    The "crazy people" to whom you refer are probably experiencing auditory hallucinations; something that can be moderately amusing, until it happens to a member of your family. They are not part of "the local color", on the Pacific Coast or in Manhattan. They are people, just like you and I.
    That there are more mentally ill people wandering the streets is due to decisions made by lawmakers. The fact that there are more are more "armed and dangerous" people about is also attributable to lawmakers.
    +1 I will agree.

We don't have any right to call them neither "crazy" nor segregated them because they are different. Actually a lot of them can contribute in our society as much as most of us, yes it requires an initial investment on resources but the returns are higher. Unfortunately our lawmakers often are shortsighted. I am grateful to live in a society, not perfect but considering, and have met "different" people who made me a better person.

Crazy is all a matter of perspective. I've gotten some pretty weird looks when I mention the prices I've paid for some of my knives. Not to mention the fact I have tattoos on my fingers, palms, arms, chest, neck...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky