Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 150mm Petty

Looking for 150mm Petty

Looking for a coworker. Wa or Yo, Carbon or Stainless. Not sure what his budget is, but I am going to guess it is less than what mine normally is.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

He is leaning Wa handled and stainless, carbon is fine as well. $150ish budget.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I have a Ginga stainless I would be willing to part with. sharpened once, no scratches. basically new. $130 shipped in US.

I just love carbon too much.

I highly recommend 150mm Tanaka damascus wa petty (stainless).
    Might want to rehandle but it cuts really well.

Ha! Johnny, i was just about to post almost the same thread as I'm also shopping for a 150ish petty for someone else (sister). If you don't mind, I'll jump on here too. Obv, you get 1st pick.
    Stainless, semi-stainless or clad would be preferable for my WTB and also a slight bias towards western. Ginga was actually my first thought, but ill check out tanaka too.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

I should probably pm, but I am lazy. I have a white corian nenox 150mm that is never used. Some light marking from the stones, not too bad, and not sharpened much and in excellent condition otherwise. PM if interested.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

if Johnny's buddy doesn't take that Ginga petty, I will
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

awaiting payment

The Ginga is extremely light, nimble and a bit flexible. It's narrow from edge to spine, too. I like it but it's not for everyone. I actually like a little more heft. I might go for an Uraku. I like that line of knives quite a bit. I have a Masahiro stainless "honyaki" from KnifeMerchant I like a lot but it isn't wa. I won't bother telling you I love my Heiji 150. Oh wait. I think I just did...