• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for 150mm Petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyChance

Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking for a coworker. Wa or Yo, Carbon or Stainless. Not sure what his budget is, but I am going to guess it is less than what mine normally is.

He is leaning Wa handled and stainless, carbon is fine as well. $150ish budget.

I have a Ginga stainless I would be willing to part with. sharpened once, no scratches. basically new. $130 shipped in US.

I just love carbon too much.

I highly recommend 150mm Tanaka damascus wa petty (stainless).
Might want to rehandle but it cuts really well.

Ha! Johnny, i was just about to post almost the same thread as I'm also shopping for a 150ish petty for someone else (sister). If you don't mind, I'll jump on here too. Obv, you get 1st pick.
Stainless, semi-stainless or clad would be preferable for my WTB and also a slight bias towards western. Ginga was actually my first thought, but ill check out tanaka too.

I should probably pm, but I am lazy. I have a white corian nenox 150mm that is never used. Some light marking from the stones, not too bad, and not sharpened much and in excellent condition otherwise. PM if interested.

if Johnny's buddy doesn't take that Ginga petty, I will

The Ginga is extremely light, nimble and a bit flexible. It's narrow from edge to spine, too. I like it but it's not for everyone. I actually like a little more heft. I might go for an Uraku. I like that line of knives quite a bit. I have a Masahiro stainless "honyaki" from KnifeMerchant I like a lot but it isn't wa. I won't bother telling you I love my Heiji 150. Oh wait. I think I just did...

Have a Konosuke HD petty, blond ferrule, wa handle, 150mm, excellent shape.
$100 shipped.

Have a Konosuke HD petty, blond ferrule, wa handle, 150mm, excellent shape.
$100 shipped.

This is currently spoken for. If anything changes I will put it in the general BST.

Thanks.

I got one from WiscoNole, Justin or anyone else interested feel free to go after the rest.

Back