Dozens of New Blocks - Stabilized by K&G

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I have gotten a lot more blocks back from being stabilized at K&G over the last couple days.
As I get the new blocks posted in our web store, I will post a group photo in this thread.
Lots of really nice pieces. The group photos can look a bit more amber than the wood looks in the individual photos.

Just click on the photo to go to the section of the store where the new blocks are located.
Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page and check for a second page so you don't miss any of the new stuff.

This batch is some Figured Maple that is very chatoyant. Good figure on all four surfaces that seems to move around beneath the surface of the wood.

Now back to loading more of the new pieces into the store. I will post another photo when the next batch has been uploaded. I will be adding new pieces throughout today and tomorrow.

These blocks were cut from some Maple with broad curl, almost like quilted. The wood had just begun to spalt so the blocks have unusual random colors. A lot of these are large enough that they can yield more than one handle. The photo just shows a random sampling from this batch. There are several more than the photo shows.

This variety of Black Palm comes from Laos. It looks quite a bit different from the other black palm in the store. Finer grain, not quite at dark and a bit more contrasting colors. Scroll down until you get to the blocks titled "Asian Black Palm" to see the brand new pieces. Be sure to check for a second page. There are several more new pieces than what is shown in this photo.

I am going to call it a day now.
There will be more new blocks added tomorrow.
Thank you to the forum members who purchased some of the new pieces today.

This is the best selection of Buckeye Burl that I have ever had in our web store. These are just a portion of the new blocks I just finished adding to the store. There are some smaller pieces for ferrule material, spacers or half handles. Plus a bunch of full size and larger pieces.

Man, I gotta say, I just love me some pretty wood!:doublethumbsup:

These are some colorful Spalted Maple Burl blocks that I just added to the store. Once again there were more than what is shown in the photo. Be sure to scroll down the page to see the newest pieces. Last I looked there were 3 pages of stabilized Maple.
For those of you who do not know what spalting is, here is a short overview;
Spalting is caused by fungus that inhabits the wood. Usually in dead or injured wood. The different types of fungus can make different colors. Sometimes there will be a barrier between colonies making a black line.

Latest posts

Back