Quantcast
A Fools Experiment - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Fools Experiment

Kudos on taking this venture head on.... If nothing else Im sure you'll learn a ton and well learn too.... Thanks for posting and doing the commentary!

Oh....... and congrats on having the stones to do this! (Pun intended?)
    Eat to live? -> live to eat... but as long as we are at it... eat very, very well!

Quote Originally Posted by pitonboy View Post
    Any idea the percentage of iron in this ore?
    From the research that I have done the% of the ore is between 50 to 60%. Extremely high grade ore. The hematite was mined out back in the 30's or 40's if I remember correctly and all that is left are the occasional rocks that people find while snooping around old pits.
    Do not tell me I can't, let me succeed or fail. Even a failure is a small success.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Tamahagane HO! Get to work.

Attachment 14440
    I love this! That is excly how I feel and wi probably look by the time this is done!!
    Do not tell me I can't, let me succeed or fail. Even a failure is a small success.

So after an all-nighter, her is the progression/results:

There is going to be about a two week delay on further posts on this thread because of the rest of the refinement process and trying to fill orders (more importantly!). The next step is going to be crushing the charcoal.

awesome. Thread Tools =----> Subscribe
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

I'm bummed that this will be on hold, but that means a nakiri is being worked on, so I'll just look forward to that instead.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I really wanna see the outcome! But I also wanna see the look on my wife's face when she opens the santoku as well

What are you using to pulverize the ore?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel in Texas View Post
    What are you using to pulverize the ore?
    Just a hammer and six pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Heath Besch View Post
    Just a hammer and six pack!
    Best tools in the business.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater