Quantcast
Aprons..what features do you like? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aprons..what features do you like?

take a look at the aprons on butcher and bakers shop. http://butcherbakerstore.com/
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I have one of their aprons. Only wish is had a cross back instead of around the neck. Some of the details are nice, worth looking into when designing your own.

Not to hijack, but does anyone know where online to get cross back aprons?
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

You should check out the aprons from this website, amazing stuff:
    http://butcherbakerstore.com/

edit-
    whoops, didn't see the link already posted above

Length. Lots of it. I generally prefer bib aprons since it's easier to keep clean. Never really been a big fan of pockets, except for maybe a smallish one suitable for Sharpies and the like. I do like the idea of a towel loop on each hip. That would be very cool. Denim or chalkstripe would be my choice. Of course, it goes without saying, long ties.

No apron is the new apron. Don't wear'em.

Engorged Member
    Pocket like a hoodie, but on the inside and a 3 pen pockets for a thermo, sharpie and a tasting spoon.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    Pocket like a hoodie, but on the inside and a 3 pen pockets for a thermo, sharpie and a tasting spoon.
    whoa

One of our chef-intructors at school recommended this apron. To him it was sentimental because, and I may screw up the story, but once you earned your place on the line at Buchon, you were awarded a blue apron.

I don't wear it to school anymore because I stand out like a sore thumb, but one of the restaurants I stage at holds it in similar regard.

http://www.bragardusa.com/Blue-Trava.../7590-0268.htm

FYI, if you're so inclined to order one, I would order many, because the shipping on a single order was nearly the price of the apron. Also, hang dry it (very important).

picky about aprons!? ***? i've used a trash bag before because laundry had not been sent out one day and there were no clean ones left..

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    picky about aprons!? ***? i've used a trash bag before because laundry had not been sent out one day and there were no clean ones left..
    Unfortunately I'm uber anal about everything when I'm at school/work. Plating, cookery, my appearance, my knives...pretty much any of my other kitchen gear.