Quantcast
Hunting Set,, Feather damascus and musk ox - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunting Set,, Feather damascus and musk ox

Beautiful work Randy - and yes Morel season is coming up. Pepin has a recipe for braised rabbit with morels that looks delicious.

Its been raining here for a few days. A good sign it wont be long and I will be out picking some morel's

Ill look for that recipe Thanks.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    Ha Randy, I was just thinking about our mushroom conversation from last year. My Turkey season is next weekend, so from the looks of things based on cold, rain and snow for the next week, there aren't going to be any morels in the woods yet.
    Yep its been starting to feel.. "spring" like here. Yet not like last years CRAZY warm and early weather we had.. I doubt we will see any shroms for spring Turkey season. Thats OK. as I found it was hard to hunt for both at the same time anyways! lol

Good luck this year with Mr Turkey and Im not talking about knyfeknerd Just kidding..

Thanks everyone for the comments and checking out the thread.

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

beautiful!! hunting is my #1 hobby. well, bowhunting. been getting the run around by turkeys for a few weeks. they are getting smarter!!

i head back sunday, solo. i do best solo, because i dont worry about getting a partner onto a bird.

i love those knives. i choose a hunting knife for alot or reasons. one of the i look for is ease of cleaning. difficult to wash animal fat off of a blade when the world is frozen around you and you are crouched next to a frozen, trickling stream. are the blades textured? i cant tell from the pics..there are notches at the top along the spine?

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    How did you get that horn to go green? Looks great. Love how you can do the angles in the handles. Great work as always.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    How did you get that horn to go green? Looks great. Love how you can do the angles in the handles. Great work as always.
    This horn was colored slightly different then most. But I think alot of the "green" is my camera. In hand these were a deep golden with tons of depth and not really green at all..

Thanks.
    Randy

i don't hunt but would ove that set.

+ Reply to Thread