Japanese Knives a new breed of gesshin hide wa-gyutos coming soon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
New profile and new steels... coming soon (as soon as i have time to take product photos)

902274_10151423529223860_960324524_o.jpg

What's the difference between the old and the new?

got some chills looking at those. Can't wait to see them in the store.

Looks like they have less belly but I could be completely wrong.

Will you still be selling the 'classic' Hide gyuto too, or will this design replace the old?

not sure on this yet... since the beginning, this line has been a work in progress... we've been making changes, improvements, etc. I feel like this is more of an improvement on what we were doing rather than a new line, but we'll see.

The profile seems nicer to me (based on the little I can tell from that picture). I hope the grind is as good or better than the old ones, because the one time I used an older one, I was really impressed.

My buddy is making an independent slasher film. Would one of these be a good fit? Would fake blood cause a blue patina?

My buddy is making an independent slasher film. Would one of these be a good fit?

As long as he uses proper grip and technique...don't stab your food!

Maybe Jon could get a cameo for some product placement?

when are the new ones going to be up on the web store? Or have you sold them all already via back channels?
Was hoping to see some close-ups, & wondering what the pricing structure would be on the second generation.

Are they even going to make it on the web store, or are all your local crack addicts gonna devour them first?

Are they even going to make it on the web store, or are all your local crack addicts gonna devour them first?

If that's how you are going to talk about us.... I will take 4 before they go on the website.

Jon, have all product photos been taken??!??

finished them yesterday evening, did all of the editing and resizing today (just finished), and about to put them up (as much as i can before i give up for the night).

I almost bought one just so I could respond to this post. No lie. I still might.

They are really nice. So are the new Kochis that came in.

If that's how you are going to talk about us.... I will take 4 before they go on the website.

Jon, have all product photos been taken??!??
You guys are so fortunate to have Jon and his shop close by. On the other hand, maybe not. LOL

The first post was meant in jest, of course. And jealousy. :wink:

Back