Quantcast
240mm Sujihiki
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 240mm Sujihiki

240mm Sujihiki

I'd actually put my name on this one if I had the means.

240mm sujihiki made from AEB-L. Stainless bolster, and redwood burl for the handle. I still have a few scratches to get out around the bolster, but otherwise it's all done.

Damn!!!
    How long is the wait list??
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Looks good. Maybe you should come up with a logo or name and get some of those acid etch templates like Fowler uses. Your knives are only going to keep getting better.

I like the 240 suji as well. There aren't a lot of them, and I think a 225-240 suji makes a great line knife to use during service. Smaller than 270 gyutos so they dont take up too much space, good for slicing proteins, and can be a multi-tasker if you need some prep on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Damn!!!
    How long is the wait list??
    Thanks!!

Not very long!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Looks good. Maybe you should come up with a logo or name and get some of those acid etch templates like Fowler uses. Your knives are only going to keep getting better.

I like the 240 suji as well. There aren't a lot of them, and I think a 225-240 suji makes a great line knife to use during service. Smaller than 270 gyutos so they dont take up too much space, good for slicing proteins, and can be a multi-tasker if you need some prep on the fly.
    Thanks!

Yeah, I really like my short suji's. I have that 210mm Suisin Inox Honyaki petty that I absolutely love.

Adam, I've noticed a lot of sujis have that kirtsuke like tip, and have wondered why. Is there a performance/maintenance reason for this style, or is it more for aesthetics and personal choice?

Nice Adam. I guess I need to start cranking on mine.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by UglyJoe View Post
    Adam, I've noticed a lot of sujis have that kirtsuke like tip, and have wondered why. Is there a performance/maintenance reason for this style, or is it more for aesthetics and personal choice?
    For me, it's both. It puts a really fine tip on the knife I like to use and I like the look.

Nice looking suji. That thing is T-H-I-N. nice going.