Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My First Rehandle!!

That looks great--I'm really impressed. And the detailed steps are helpful.

When are you gonna start taking orders?

I don't think I'm going to start making handles, but I do have a budding knife and exotic wood addiction . . .

Damn, it's a great outcome for a first rehandle. You wouldn't want to see my first rehandle for sure. Great job!

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Nice work for your first time Theory.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Inspirational post for future handle makers of the world!

Real nice work. Great you did it the right way from the start. You just shortened the learning curve, for sure. Good luck on the rest of 'em!

Makes me want to try a western. Nice job!

Cheers
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Very nice handle!
    Mark Farley / Burl Source
    Phone 541-287-1029, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

Beautiful handle Mr. Theory!! That wood looks very familiar to me. I bought a similar one from Craig Stevens awhile back. I forgot what mine was too (even now lol), but thankfully I can still see the ebay auction =p.

It seems its raspberry cottonwood burl lol, maybe yours is too?

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    LOL, Thanks for the laugh and welcome to the club. We meet every Thursday and Sunday. at 7:00 pm Hello, my name is Randy. Im a Burl Junky and cross addicted to musk ox horn and mammoth ivory. I got my last fix about a hour ago when I purchased some maple burl from Burl source and some ironwood from Arizona Ironwood. The funny part is the last comment is TRUE!

I can see it now. You have entered the twilight zone.

1. You started collecting woods.. Which is the first step in the addiction.

2. You start to see everything as a possible Handle material. from a tree to well. your grandma's dining room set and everything in between and your thinking " Hmmm I bet that would make a cool knife handle"

3. You start buying knives .. Just to rehandle them..

4. Your realize your gona need more tools. so you start another collection. TOOLS

5. Your addiction grows and when ya see a large burl on a neighbors tree. And you have to fight the urge to break out the chainsaw and bring it home..

6. You start to stockpile more woods and material. and convince yourself to add on a room to the house or designate a large area of your home for your NEW work space for your obsession not to mention all the new tools and all that burl.

7. You realize knife making is not a hobby but a addiction that can quickly take over your world.

8. Replete these steps. and continue having a blast, making cool stuff and lovin it!

Thats as far as I have come so I cant say for sure where this ends.. I sure hope not!! lol Yep Im a addict.
    Have fun and be safe..

By the way. Your first looks WAY better then mine did.. Great job, And fun play by play.

Blessings
    Randy
    Soooo, soooo, sooooo true!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrisAnderson27 View Post
    Beautiful handle Mr. Theory!! That wood looks very familiar to me. I bought a similar one from Craig Stevens awhile back. I forgot what mine was too (even now lol), but thankfully I can still see the ebay auction =p.

It seems its raspberry cottonwood burl lol, maybe yours is too?

Soooo, soooo, sooooo true!!!
    Thanks for identifying what the wood was and the source. Was wondering and going to guess box elder. Craig Stevens makes some outrageous dyed blanks and scales. I've got a few pieces of his stuff in my stash of lumber I'm gearing up to use on a wa handle this week. Great to see such good results. Great job on the handle to the original poster!

Quote Originally Posted by CPD View Post
    Thanks for identifying what the wood was and the source. Was wondering and going to guess box elder. Craig Stevens makes some outrageous dyed blanks and scales. I've got a few pieces of his stuff in my stash of lumber I'm gearing up to use on a wa handle this week. Great to see such good results. Great job on the handle to the original poster!
    No thanks necessary! And yes, Craig's wilder colored stuff stuff is very, very beautiful if you can make it work. The purple was...difficult to pull off and keep classy lol...but I used wenge and brass to offset it...and it seemed to come out ok. Theory did an excellent job with it!

Oh, and speaking of Craigs stuff...I was just outbid a couple weeks ago on a blue and gold piece. I bid $55, and it went for $75.

INSANE!