Grilled Cheese month/day

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw2geeks

Founding Member
Reaction score
In honor of grilled cheese month and Friday being grilled cheese day, I made a Bacon & Jalapeno Grilled Cheese Sandwich loosely based on jalapeno poppers.

Here are some picks.

fUAHW.St.117.jpg

qpu8z.St.117.jpg

c5l0A.St.117.jpg

Z1rgr.St.117.jpg

1eVhGJ.St.117.jpg

Here is a link to more pics and some grilled cheese tips.
http://www.dfw.com/2013/04/10/779601/weekend-chef-bacon-jalapeno-grilled.html

can't view any of the pix, even the link is broken on my computer =(

Dang, now I have to get up again and start some bread dough... Looks great!

Stefan

there you go. made me pretty darn hungry. i might as well make some now. lol.

Mmmmmm . . . some spicy, heart stopping goodness right there. :hungry:

On my night shifts i always bring my panini press and we do sammiches. Sometimes it doesn't work depending on patients but it's nice to look forward to. Love sammiches. Gonna do that jalapeño one someday too, looks tasty.

I make my "Popper" grilled cheese with breaded and fried jalapenos, sourdough bread schmeared with cream cheese and aged cheddar. Just a different version of what your delicious sandwich accomplishes.

For lunch I did avacodo, smoked Gouda, strawberry jam on my ciabattas or myself and another cook. Was surprisingly good

man i appreciate a good sear on a grilled cheese when i see one! Looking good sw2geeks! personally i like to keep my grilled cheeses simple with either a chedder variety or some cheapo processed slices, multigrain or sourdough and plenty of butter.

Smoked eel, greenback bacon, gruyere, onion jam, great tomato and honeycup mustard... ... on a brioche burger bun.

^^^ ...and of course it's all about the gruyere.

Aged Vermont cheddar, Granny Smith (or Pink Lady) apple, real smoked turkey breast, and good mayo. Choose your bread, it's as good on PF toast bread as it is on sourdough or whole wheat.

Great ideas for such a 'simple' classic. One of my favorite basic ones is just gryuere with caramelized onions and a bit of fresh herbs (thyme, sage etc), maybe a few very thin slices of tomato on there also. The more decadent favorite: a good blue cheese, slices of pears poached in white wine, and some truffle honey :)

Stefan

Great thread, I will probably be eating a grilled cheese of some sort for dinner. Oh, and I am going to use my new Lodge griddle to cook it.

I watching while eating a grill cheese with Parma cotto ham, Colby Jack and Prince La Fontaine triple cream. I wouldn't mind swapping a half.

Tonight's dinner is Tuscan tomato bread soup accompanied with grilled 5 year old cheddar on sourdough

Judged a concessions food contest at Texas Motor Speedway this morning for NASCAR weekend. One of the finalist had fried cheese on a stick that tasted just like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Back