Boa tarde! from Brazil

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan Campos

Reaction score
I just found this place and it sure is a great source of information, despite the fact that it is still very young!
As a knifemaker, kitchen knives represent a small part of my work so far but I am very interested in changing that situation and have been working on a few new pieces latelly, and am sure this forum will give me a lot of inspiration, so thanks for creating it!

Welcome :)

Here is a simple rule: Pics or it didn´t happen.

So post some pics of your work :)

Welcome! Glad to have another maker, and see Brazil represented!

Blunt truth: your stuff shows you are going to have to adjust to the typical things for a crossover from outdoor knives to high performance kitchen knives: Slimmer handles, thinner blades, flatter profiles, neater fittings. That's not unusual IME. Many here are pretty hard to please, so I Hope you like a challenge!

Here's a little gallery of Mr. Campos' existing kitchen work:

sas21600.jpg

njk10.jpg

njk11.jpg

yana.jpg

jps3600.jpg

jps4600.jpg

ut1600.jpg

ut22600.jpg

i've been watching your stuff for a while now... really glad to have you kicking around. Awesome looking knives you've been making. Maybe one day when i'm less broke i can get one for myself ;)

Welcome! Your work looks really nice. Cant wait to see more.

Thank you all for the warm welcome and specially to John for posting the pics of my work and for his constructive criticism.
I make knives meant to be used and that´s why I am so interested in kitchen knives and am sure this forum will help me a lot in refining and improving my work. Admitedly, some of my knives are pretty rough... some are slightly less rough, though... :D:D:D

Oh, you may be making the exact knives your customers want. But I was just saying that on this forum and others like it, the preference tends to be thin blades, functional handles, flat edges. I really dig, BTW, that your handles are left handed--are you a lefty, or were they made for a lefty?

As a matter of fact, kitchen knives are not taken as seriously as they should over here, even by pros - for instance, you may go to a Japanese restaurant and no matter how sophisticated, its very likely that the cook is using a short, cheap yanayba to prepare everything in the kitchen, sometimes even a common chef´s knife. That is far from meaning that I will not look for improvement in my work, even if it is selling and working well for its purpose already.
I also didn´t understand that last commet, John. They are right handed.

Doy! :slaphead:

I guess I just saw that all your pictures you are holding the knife with your left hand, and had a brain fart. Should've just looked in my own kitchen, lol.

It is harder to take the pics holding the camera with the left hand... I tried!

Back