Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honestly

Honestly

Honestly how much do you need to open your own restaurant? contemplating this seriously

Lot more than you planned usually. But still depends on your location , type of cuisine since you need to equip the kitchen accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that its more than I am going to plan for hoping to get a spot where a restaurant was so I can save on equipment costs but as I found out recently that does not always work to your advantage

I have already selected a property in foreclosure that comes with all the equipment, all I would need to add is a fresh coat of paint and a new grill. I have been contemplating this place for about a year. I make really good money doing what I do though, so it makes it tough to justify especially when you have to put your life savings on the line to do it. It was originally a german/european restaurant that the owners just wanted to retire and they sold out to a mexican restaurant that couldn't make it work. My plan would play on some of strengths of the original restaurant in an updated way and potentially add a brewery element to it. I have some thoughts for what I need/want to happen in the next six months and if they fall through, I am seriously considering upping my business plan to see if it is feasible and pulling the trigger.

DeepCSweede if its what you want to do and own your own restaurant go for it I say...If you don't mind me asking now what do you do now?

I am a partner in a CPA firm, but last year started to discuss a CFO position with a former client that has a strong need for someone to help him grow his business. I am ready to get out of the public accounting business, so if that falls through I am seriously contemplating what I want to do next. I have done consulting work for the hospitality business so I know just enough to be dangerous unfortunately, but also am a bit risk averse with a 6 yr old and 16 month old baby to provide for.

yea quite a risk with kids to support

do you have any cooking experience sweede

We planned 80 grand to open. Another 80 first year.

Turned into 150 grand to open, 150 first year, and 30 the second...

That's over 100% more than the business plan.

Good luck....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

I hear ya NO Chop its not cheap that I know and there are always things that go wrong or break that are unexpected

how was the equipment when you openened