Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares/Restaurant Impossible....Owen

I'm getting a bit tired of these shows as well. However, I'm a Ramsay fan...sell out? Oh, hell yeah! But, the guy came from nothing, used his talents and killer instinct and made a fortune. He's helped a few along the way, and if somebody offered me a show, you're damn right I'd take it! I still watch Kitchen Nightmares, but only when I see that it's on. I don't schedule my day around it or anything.

Irvine, however...Chris, you can make me laugh more than almost anyone on here. I love it! Haha
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I loathe Ramsay. I'd love to see someone shove a French baguette down his throat.

-AJ

Hahaha. Meh.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Irvine is a douche, for sure. He even lied on his resume a few years back, which got him into some trouble,

http://dayseye.wordpress.com/2008/03...robert-irvine/

I enjoy Kitchen Nightmares though. Ramsey can be a bit of a hard-on at times, but he's pretty accurate in his assessment of what's going on. I mean, maybe it's hyped a bit, but kitchens with poor leadership/lack of management, filthy walkins and stations, drama between ownership and front-back-of-house, and employees with alcohol and drug problems are all too common. I find the show entertaining.

My Sysco rep grudgingly asked if I would like to apply to have my resto "impossibled". If selected you get 10K cash.

In short, I declined.

I also make him cover up the guys face on his lap top. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    My Sysco rep grudgingly asked if I would like to apply to have my resto "impossibled". If selected you get 10K cash.

In short, I declined.

I also make him cover up the guys face on his lap top. Seriously.
    This leaves me with the sense that your response was not, "I think I'll decline."
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

See that is just case in point about how BS these shows are. You want to take a successful restauranteur and tell him how to run his business. Wow, that is an "Impossible" situation.

I think what would be impossible is Irvine trying to cut stuff faster than Scott. THAT I would watch.

it's just another form of entertainment. it's funny when people take 'reality' shows and try to compare to the real world. it's all staged drama. i still like watching them when i have the time though, i especially like hell's kitchen where chefs get a heap full of humble pie and are often broken down to tears, now that's good tv!

Watch boiling point, ramsay trying to get his third star http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lVIodG7lYY
    Also the UK kitchen nightmares is a lot better, no hype or dramatization
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gmzT1JezJ4

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Robert Irvine is such a douche! His show is awful.
    I love how he belittles everyone in the kitchen to the point of tears. The problem is most of the people "cooking" in these places have never been taught anything else, but let's make them cry anyway!
    But wait I'm not done with you "Chef" Irvine.......
    ......I don't know when you started bodybuilding, but I don't care! Wear a shirt that fits! I don't get a boner looking at your biceps! And BTW, the next time you're at the gym -work out your legs. The top half of your body is Lou Ferigno huge but you have skinny toothpick legs. I'm scared your going to topple over. Or that your legs are going to crumple under the enormous weight of your muscle-bound torso.

Have any of you guys seen the Sysco commercial featuring "Chef" Irvine? It's comical. As a lifelong foodservice indentured serf, your face makes me want to NEVER EVER buy ANYTHING from Sysco again. I even got a new Sysco promotional flyer chock-fulla "Chef" Irvine. The cover has him holding a Sysco box that's resting on the hump of his bicep whilst he's kissing it(the bicep)
    -I don't know who at Sysco thought this was a good move, but it's probably the same genius that sent out a 10 page pamphlet about tea and how it makes you so much $$$ it was called "Profitabili-Tea"

I probably should move this to the "Death to celebrity chefs" thread, but I saw my opening and took it!

Ready to hate him even more?.... Go look at his wife..
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/