Quantcast
Kitchen Nightmares/Restaurant Impossible....Owen - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares/Restaurant Impossible....Owen

http://m.nypost.com/p/entertainment/...8wfLp4jDbEup0I

Tbh, we all know our profession is a short and sharp one, I know for a fact I don't want to be pulling 50 hours on the line at 50, so if he has to be on a show such as hells kitchen to make bank I don't blame him, there's no doubt he has done everything good and bad to get where he is now, I'd have done the same in his shoes.

It's just a shame the producers make the show come across the way it does, anyone seen the UK hells kitchen with Marco Pierre white?

I think both shows are available on Hulu...I've wondered on more than one occasion about the difference in tone between the two. Seems like the culture he's operating in plays a role...not sure how much of that is on which side of the camera though.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Ramsey also has a show on BBC called The F Word. It's a great show and I've seen 5 seasons of it. He has a restaurant in London just for the show. Check it out. He may be a toolbox, but there's some good food and such on the show. If anybody can't find it, I'd be happy to send you some DVDs. Just PM me.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

the f word was, i think, his first show. i liked him there. most, if not all the ramsay bbc stuff were good. when it got all "hollywood" it went to crap.

I love the BBC version, not so much the US.

Can't stand RI Irvine!

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    The bbc Kitchen Nightmares is considered the first season on the discs, netflix ect.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    I love the BBC version, not so much the US.
    +1

No comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    The bbc Kitchen Nightmares is considered the first season on the discs, netflix ect.
    I found all of the BBC episodes in their entirety on YouTube after learning of the show's existence here.

Boiling point was his first show then beyond boiling point.I cant stand the US version of kitchen nightmares but the uk version was inspiring at times.There is also a show on you tube called Marco which is filmed in the 80's at Harveys restaurant and features Ramsey as a young man.Worth a watch if not just for the 80'S fashions.

Quote Originally Posted by scotchef38 View Post
    There is also a show on you tube called Marco which is filmed in the 80's at Harveys restaurant and features Ramsey as a young man.Worth a watch if not just for the 80'S fashions.
    That was interesting...thanks for the pointer.

Here's the link for the first of the three eps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvCT-LvKxvY
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

the shows are staged. Not that the problems arent realistic, or hadnt happened in the past at those places. But turning around a restaraunt just isnt conducive to television. you certainly arent doing it in 3 to 5 days. the shows are filmed for several weeks, the employees are told to wear the same clothes so it appears less time has passed. and most of the blow ups are staged or recreated.
    “A home cook who relies too much on a recipe is sort of like a pilot who reads the plane’s instruction manual while flying.” – Alton Brown