Quantcast
yo to wa handle conversion - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: yo to wa handle conversion

The first ones shown are just as whacked too.

it's not perfect, but everything i wanted done got completed and the flaws don't effect its performance. sure it looks a little silly, yet i don't mind. i can't imagine grinding off a bolster is easy work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    panda, I'm glad that you're happy with the results but seriously that's got to be some of the worst **** I've seen done to a knife. Please don't hate me for saying what everyone is thinking.
    moreover, those handle looks not any better than good stock Ho-wood/burnt chestnut handle..........they looks not too appealing/comfortable to me!! you should try Mike Henry or Stefan Keller's handle.
    I know Taz start learn/making Octagonal Handle about one year ago; IMO, he needs more practice!!
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Wow you guys... Did everyone wake up on the wrong side of the bed these last few days? The conversions look fine to me. Not the best I've seen, but certainly not the worst. I don't see any functional problems, and nothing particularly unsightly either and IMO there have been handles made by prominent handle makers here which look much worse which have only seen praise from the comments. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so lets lighten up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Squilliam View Post
    Wow you guys... Did everyone wake up on the wrong side of the bed these last few days? The conversions look fine to me. Not the best I've seen, but certainly not the worst. I don't see any functional problems, and nothing particularly unsightly either and IMO there have been handles made by prominent handle makers here which look much worse which have only seen praise from the comments. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so lets lighten up a little.
    OK! I probably shouldn't judge the handle from pictures without handle the knives in person.....however, those handles in the photos looks rough F/F & uneven to me........No matter of handle's design/Aesthetics
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

I don't see the Masamoto kanji. Is it only printed on the stainless line? That sucks....

The Masamoto handle isn't so bad; I think the untraditional shaped tangs don't help....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

+1 Honest opinions are always welcome, but no need to be rude about it, especially when its just a dude just tinkering around with his knives. I think they look good, but there is room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Squilliam View Post

I like the last one a fair bit. These comments really are growing old.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I have to admit, that I like the rough side of the handles. They may not seem at "pro" as some other specimen around but taste is very personal. As long as the owner is happy.

From all the convertion my least fav is the MR. Otherwise, I have to say good job.

I've also notice lots of ugly handles around, and these specimens are no better/worse from my perspective as I don't concern myself with custom handles. People are usually quite supportive of experimentation on this forum, however, so I'm curious why there was such a negative reaction above. Panda's picts seem fine to me.

+ Reply to Thread