Quantcast
Chopsticks - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chopsticks

For plating, there are 2 major considerations: Balance and how narrow the tips are. I find that the tip heavy moribashis are a lot more difficult to control and are not as suited to plating fine details. Narrow tips mean how close to the end of the chopsticks do the tips touch. You want it to be touching RIGHT AT THE END, especially if you are using it to plate fine details.

For cooking, considerations are heat resistance, balance and weight, length. I believe these are pretty self explainatory.

Best of luck in your search! BTW Jon at JKI has a few. I fully recommend trying out any chopsticks before making a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    I sometimes practice moving single grains of rice or sea salt flakes..... But I'm weird

Ah glasshopper . . . after this you now must try picking up an almost completely melted globule of ice cube!
    Been there, done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambal View Post
    Ah glasshopper . . . after this you now must try picking up an almost completely melted globule of ice cube!
    Been there, done that.
    I do mung beans for precision and marbles for strenth

Quote Originally Posted by Sambal View Post
    Been there, done that.
    But can you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by xuz View Post
    But can you do this?
    Amazing! But not fair, two hands. Ha Ha! This could be edited with Chopsticks music.

i use moribashi only when i do fine plating and small amuse bouches because i find it to be ineffiecient. hands and spoons and tweezers are much faster.

+ Reply to Thread