Quantcast
While the wife's away - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: While the wife's away

Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    Jiro Ono is the ultimate lefty sushi guy. =D
    HTH did I miss him being a lefty?! I usually pay attention for that since it usually means extra awesome sauce.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

His whole restaurant is laid out left handed. no joke. his son's (the one that left) restaurant is actually a right handed mirror image of the restaurant he runs.

=D

yep, he's the ultimate lefty sushi man.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    HTH did I miss him being a lefty?! I usually pay attention for that since it usually means extra awesome sauce.
    Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    His whole restaurant is laid out left handed. no joke. his son's (the one that left) restaurant is actually a right handed mirror image of the restaurant he runs.

=D

yep, he's the ultimate lefty sushi man.
    That was incredible. He will even watch for the patrons to see what hand they are using and then orient the sushi accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    That was incredible. He will even watch for the patrons to see what hand they are using and then orient the sushi accordingly.
    Much respect for that...as a lefty in a righty world, I love it when I find someone who is accommodating one of us 10%ers.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Love that. I'm a lefty, too, and would love to see him at work.

For me, when my wife is out of town, I make veal demi glace. She can't take the smell, so I make a big batch when she's out of town, and freeze it in ice cube trays. Lasts forever, and indispensable for pan sauces, etc.

I render fat for beef and pork lard when my feincee is away. She hates the smell, but loves having it around for me to cook with. Actually my sunday plan as she will be away for work this weekend.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Yes. I saw it for the third time this weekend. Fantastic movie.
    We watched it the other night and I was going to watch it again tonight as my other half is out this evening.
    When she asked what I was planning on doing, I told her, and she said "Oh dear. I sent it back."

Grrr.

It is a very beautiful film.