Quantcast
$11 for a SS 8" Ksab chef's knife - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: $11 for a SS 8" Ksab chef's knife

I left a one-star review for the seller, River Road, with a detailed explanation as to why.

I'm especially pissed off that there's a stick-on label on the outside of the clear plastic clamshell package that says "Chef Knife made in France," which was apparently intended to cover the words on the label inside the clamshell that says, "Manufactured under license by Lifetime Brands, Inc., Garden City, NY 11530, Made in China."

It's packed up and ready to go. At least returns are free.

p.s. -- don't blame Amazon, but do be cautious about buying anything from third-party sellers who advertise on Amazon.
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    I sent Amazon an email, that has always been the easiest way for me to contact them. i'm hoping for a credit, or at least being given the money before sending it back.
    In my experience, Amazon doesn't process refunds until it has the item in hand.
    Doug Collins

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    I was told I should get a CC refund within about three days. Nothing was said about waiting to receive the knife back first. Mine is supposed to be picked up tomorrow. Mine clearly said made in China on the package.

There are already 5 to 6 one-star reviews posted for River Road today, all citing the fake Chinese Sabatier.
    Doug Collins

3 pieces of junk here too. If I can't return em I'll dump them on a thrift shop.

-AJ

Even I figured out how to have mine picked up by UPS and get a CC refund. If a world class technoklutz can do it...anyone can. I found it simplest with live chat, as someone suggested.

So does this mean that amazon is now 'not allowed' to be spoken here? It seems there are a lot of people that are having an unpleasant experience...

Chris

I took a partial refund. Too much effort to ship where I live (I can't schedule pick ups here). I'll lick my wounds and drop them off at a thrift store. Somebody in this town will actually be happy with them.

Contacted Amazon Customer Service and items were refunded in 10 minutes. First time EVER I have had a problem with an order. A+++ for Amazon. Fail for River Road.

-AJ

I heard that a couple guys received knives which has a sticker that said made in France, over the Made in China in the package. Guy ought to be kicked off Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite111 View Post
    So does this mean that amazon is now 'not allowed' to be spoken here? It seems there are a lot of people that are having an unpleasant experience...

Chris
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

+ Reply to Thread