Quantcast
$11 for a SS 8" Ksab chef's knife - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: $11 for a SS 8" Ksab chef's knife

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite111 View Post
    Absolutely not trying to start a fight!! Just pointing out a little hypocrisy. I think it sucks that so many people were duped by this. If I had been any earlier, I'd be submitting my return request too.

Chris
    I'm up for tar and feathering Mitbud for introducing us all to this scam. Just kidding. Boy talk about no good deed goes unpunished!

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite111 View Post
    Absolutely not trying to start a fight!! Just pointing out a little hypocrisy.
    It's not hypocrisy. The situations are completely different.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Like others have said you can skip the online chat, calling, or e-mailing all together with Amazon. They have a thirty day money back guarantee on anything you buy from them. It can be exactly what you're looking for, but you just decided you didn't want it, and they'll cover the shipping costs, and refund your money.
    I do agree that the vendor is a pretty crappy fella in the end for pulling this sort of thing, and it would seem that it's not the first time he's done it either.

For the record I don't work for Amazon whatsoever, but I am a huge fan of their site. I've been a Prime member for some years now, since the creation of the Prime feature really. I order a LOT from them though, and I also watch Amazon Prime videos on my Roku, so it works out well for me in the end.

They changed the item description based on our reviews, thought you guys might enjoy it.

"BEWARE BEFORE YOU BUY !! Only China Fair sells true Authentic Sabatier forged knives made in France. $59.99. Other sellers are selling knives made in China (River Road is misrepresenting a licensed product made in China). Check your receipt"

Unfortunately it looks like the reviews are negatively affecting the seller of the proper knife because the order is now being taken by him. If there any way to give the negative reviews to the specific seller (River Road)?

How do we know China Fair is not doing the same thing?

Look at what China Fair is selling. WMF that they sell as french made. I did buy a WMF utility knife in the past that had such bad heat treatment that the knife just crumbled when I sharpened it and it was made China.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by FryBoy View Post
    In my experience, Amazon doesn't process refunds until it has the item in hand.
    Informational: I have a credit on my card this morning, so it took one day for Amazon to credit me for the crap knife, after talking to the rep on live chat just yesterday. And UPS just a few moments ago picked up the knife for return. So, it's nice to know that Amazon DOESN'T require that they have the returned item in hand before refund. At least in my case.

A friend of mine mistakenly complained to China Fair and got the following two responses:

We apologize for your confusion and your situation.

The Product you purchased was from Amazon vendor RIVER ROAD. NOT CHINA FAIR.

RIVER ROAD misrepresented a licensed product manufactured by Lifetime Brands made in China as an Authentic Sabatier made in France. AND WE ARE DEALING WITH THE FALL OUT.

China Fair Inc, the creator of the listing and seller of Authentic Sabatier knives made in France has no affiliation with River Road.

China Fair only sells AUTHENTIC SABATIER KNIVES MADE IN FRANCE.

Please...REPORT THIS TO AMAZON and return your knife, but note you bought the knife from RIVER ROAD, not China Fair. PLEASE check your receipt .

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
    Will Beck
    China Fair Inc.

After thanking him for the above, my friend received this further response from Mr. Beck:

Nightmare doesn't begin to describe the situation. River Road reposted again last night and sold another 100 knives, Close to 300 in 5 days. They appear, sell the knives, and their posting goes down for lack of their inventory. Ours remains to take the negative reviews. As you know, reviews on the internet tend to go viral and remain for ever. Not good for business.

We are asking people who have contacted us directly, as you did, in confusion to please complain to Amazon your situation about River Road. And if possible write a review to explain what happened. The product is being fulfilled by Amazon, so they are libel as well.

Thank you for your consideration and again we are very sorry this misrepresentation happened.

Regards,
    Will Beck
    China Fair Inc.
    Mon-Sat 9-5 EST
    www.chinafairinc.com
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

+ Reply to Thread