Quantcast
$11 for a SS 8" Ksab chef's knife - Page 15
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: $11 for a SS 8" Ksab chef's knife

Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    Informational: I have a credit on my card this morning, so it took one day for Amazon to credit me for the crap knife, after talking to the rep on live chat just yesterday. And UPS just a few moments ago picked up the knife for return. So, it's nice to know that Amazon DOESN'T require that they have the returned item in hand before refund. At least in my case.
    Glad to hear I was wrong! Good for Amazon.
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like the reviews are negatively affecting the seller of the proper knife because the order is now being taken by him. If there any way to give the negative reviews to the specific seller (River Road)?
    Yes. Use this link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie...A2NVEKMQTGKOW8
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by FryBoy View Post
    Glad to hear I was wrong! Good for Amazon.
    Yeah. I was frankly quite surprised.

Amazon should ban River Road, seems like they're not only intentionally ripping off customers but popping in and out so quick they're leaving another vendor to deal with the fallout and ruining their reputation.

As far as China Fair goes, they have two brick and mortar stores near Boston, one in Newton and one in Cambridge near where I work. I bought a carbon steel K Sab 8" chefs knife for my roommate recently for $60.00. They had 4 to choose from and I was able to pick one with reasonably ok fit and finish. The guy at the counter didn't mind showing me all 4 and even said if came back in a few weeks and they would have more. There's a small gap between one of the scales and bolster I didn't notice until later, but overall not too bad. The blade is nice. After some grinding away at the bolster and time on the stones it cuts pretty well, and it's starting to develop a nice patina now that I convinced my roommate not to scrub it off with a scotchbrite pad every time she uses it. I've never dealt with China Fair online, but in person they're a great little store. This reminds me, I might swing buy their Cambridge store to pick up a 4" carbon parer today, they were out last time I went. And no, I don't work for them and neither do any of my friends or family that I know of, I just want to defend a good local (to me) business.

River Road is only showing 2 (two) adverse reviews on Amazon at this time, re this knife. Other reviews they may have written themselves.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/details...2NVEKMQTGKOW8#

I'll add one after delivery and suggest others do so as well.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Well, I put up a negative review as well but, I got to thinking (always dangerous for me), River Road may have been a victim as well. He has very good ratings and he may have innocently tried to clear out his Chinese made Sabs (which in reality, probably isn't that bad for 11 bucks) and some kid at Amazon posted it with the wrong pics and description. Shrug

I see my review in there.

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    Well, I put up a negative review as well but, I got to thinking (always dangerous for me), River Road may have been a victim as well. He has very good ratings and he may have innocently tried to clear out his Chinese made Sabs (which in reality, probably isn't that bad for 11 bucks) and some kid at Amazon posted it with the wrong pics and description. Shrug
    Good point, i shouldn't assume that just because I think China Fair is innocent then River Road must be guilty.

Wow that looks like my parents old Wolfgang Puck knives. made in china and won't take an edge without chipping to hell.
    handle will crack in dishwasher yeah that's what I think of it...

Got mine today, instantly assessed as junk.

+ Reply to Thread