Quantcast
Got "THE" E-mail from Mr "R" - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Got "THE" E-mail from Mr "R"

Happy ending! It's cool that the knife is unmistakably a Rader, but also very unique and very much your style. I guess that's the whole point of a custom huh?
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Ha ha. Maybe a touch too much drama here... If you guys knew how many times things go wrong on a knife, you'd just die if this is any indication. My "bone-yard" would supply a new maker with a lifetime of crappy knives. Ha ha.

All is well on this one. Thanks for the compliments. The top photo (iPhone) looks pretty nice. Sorry about the second photo (also iPhone), but the handle looks just as nice in person. I just need to work on my photography skills a bit more. I'll see if I can't do something a little better tomorrow.

See you all later and thanks again for the love. -M

Yes Pete... Its W2, ive had very good results with it in the past, and with Michaels heat treat... Well, it should be beyond awesome.... I think this one is a keeper. And its cool to boot!

And Michael deserves all of the credit as always... I wanted to make the story releatable and an interesting read but at all moments Mr "R" was pretty much cool as a cucumber, It was me with the questions and.... Well you know, a papa waiting for his baby!

It should be arriving next week and ill post some cool shots of the nooks and crannies that you guys like to look at, specs, thoughts.. Hell... Ill even post an Ode to the Gyuto that almost wasn't that I know you will find hilarious!

And Michael... I bet your boneyard (no pun please!) would be a cool place to look through!

Eat to live? -> live to eat... but as long as we are at it... eat very, very well!

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite111 View Post
    Well, there goes my dreams of a narwhal horn suji

Chris
    actually you can purchase Narwhal ivory in the states $150 an inch there is a site http://www.boonetrading.com/Narwhal.html
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Ah, The Ode to the Gyuto that Almost Wasn't... That was good indeed. Quite fun, but seriously, now: my friend...
    I need to know what you are smoking because I want some :-)
    -M

Ode to the Gyuto that almost wasnt!

"One fine day fine plans were laid
    To a doubting customer master said:
    Need not worry "tis too shall pass"
    I assure you, that Gyuto will be badass!"

"Adversity must be overcome
    When materials are well... gone!
    Because Michael is in the know,
    In comparison that epoxy fills slow!"

"Like a tiger he valiantly fought
    To overcome that great drought
    And now to everyones daze
    That blade is made to amaze"

-------------------------------------

This was a gift to our friend
    Michael Rader,
    Tinkerer, forger and
    Knifemaker extraordinaire!
    To thank him for the effort
    In making our sublime
    Culinary instruments.

Eat to live? -> live to eat... but as long as we are at it... eat very, very well!

Rader is "in" the house... I repeat... Rader is "in" the house!

Quote Originally Posted by Customfan View Post
    Rader is "in" the house... I repeat... Rader is "in" the house!

Awesome and congratulations.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Thanks for your patience and understanding, Customfan. And for everyone else, thanks for all the support and patience.
    Take care, all.
    -M