Quantcast
Beware of US postal service.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware of US postal service.

Beware of US postal service.

Hi all, like all of you I was searching for a perfect cutting board to fit with my new masamoto knife so after searching for awhile I came to a stop with davidboardsmith.My board which was suppose to come through ups was apparently 'delivered' while I'm left with a new knife and no board in sight.I was home the whole day today so it couldn't be me missing the delivery.

After trying many times to contact ups postal,all I ever get through to was a machine...It is apparently impossible to reach anyone on the phone(I actually contacted UPS thinking they were both the same companies).As of right now david is trying to contact them but I'm writing this as a warning for people who decide to go through ups and also hope someone with any experience with them can give me some advice.

you looked up the status of your package with your tracking number, and it said it was delivered?

is it UPS or USPS?

You fail to be consistent...

It is us postal service that I'm warning you guys about,I accidently contact UPS thinking they were the same thing .Apond further inquiry I found out that apparently once they deliver to canada, the item is then ship through canada post.I contacted them and they told me that my package was HAND DELIVERED but they couldn't give me a address of any kind, that I would have to contact the seller to do any sort of dispute.Clearly someone has my package but I guess us postal service wasn't really at fault on this one....

Quote Originally Posted by lamT View Post
    It is us postal service that I'm warning you guys about,I accidently contact UPS thinking they were the same thing .Apond further inquiry I found out that apparently once they deliver to canada, the item is then ship through canada post.I contacted them and they told me that my package was HAND DELIVERED but they couldn't give me a address of any kind, that I would have to contact the seller to do any sort of dispute.Clearly someone has my package but I guess us postal service wasn't really at fault on this one....
    I'm trying to understand how the US Postal Service is responsible for a package that was delivered by Canada Post in Canada. They don't deliver across the border, you know.

Seems like your beef is with Canada Post, no?

Yes you are right...I did realize my mistake after a bit of calling around.I was so frustrated that I didn't think things through and just blamed ups.I do apologize for that as the title now is very misleading.

Man.. You have berated USPS and UPS . USPS delivered and fulfilled their end to the Canadian side.

You shld have checked first before you make any wild allegations and be clear that USPS and UPS are two different entities.

It is a detrimental statement which is totally unfounded in this case.

D

Yes you are right...I did realize my mistake after a bit of calling around.I was so frustrated that I didn't think things through and just blamed ups.I do apologize for that as the title now is very misleading.
    I've sent several knives via USPS and Canada Post without incident, but that won't help you in your situation. IIRC, the shipper (in this case, David) is the party that would have to initiate a claim. So, for now, all you can do is exercise patience and hope the situation is resolved.

Sorry for your disappointment, BTW.

Rick

I had this happen once when a fill in mailman was working for a few days. I believe it was a package from Butch, and the site read, "delivered". I got nervous, called, was told to wait in case it was mistakenly claimed as delivered and lo and behold, it arrived a few hours later. Sometimes they skip a step to make their lives easier (the mail carriers). If it isn't there at the end of the day tomorrow, call and if items insured, eventually you should get some sort of refund.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    I've sent several knives via USPS and Canada Post without incident, but that won't help you in your situation. IIRC, the shipper (in this case, David) is the party that would have to initiate a claim. So, for now, all you can do is exercise patience and hope the situation is resolved.

Sorry for your disappointment, BTW.

Rick
    Thank you, the only problem I have with both my local canada post and ups is that they always drop package and leave without waiting for anyone to open door.Although I've always manage to get my items without trouble.The real problem here is that canada post had stated to me that they have hand delivered it to a address.

And to the poster above I've already realize that I had a little mix up and I do apologize on that but the shock was a bit to much considering the anticipation was so high.

+ Reply to Thread