Quantcast
Beware of US postal service. - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: Beware of US postal service.

  1. #41
    Senior Member zitangy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SIngapore
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by lamT View Post
    I don't plan to have a case against the boardsmith....lol wouldn't do anyone any good considering I myself know its not his fault.I just expected a insurance of some sort not from seller not a your're sol respond.Also after spending a few restless night over this crap I decided to try and not let it bother me hence the joke about the letter box thing.Right now I'm working out of town So the most I can do is to try and talk to the post man as I really can't do much about anything right now.


    DAVID-The only reason I started this thread was because I thought usps messed up and wanted to see if anyone was in the same situation as me and how they dealt with it.

    AS said I wld pursue my case and have an official police report without which I cant do anything. "A single swallow does not a summer"

    YOu going to stop using the Canada Post?

    The postman servicing my area know that I wld not let it rest if it is lost or stolen.

    I still use USPS with insurance. Had a wooden bowl damaged during transit. Sent a few pics to teh seller in USA, he did the claim adn after 5-7 months, I was reimbursed for my loss. Orered another one form the seller.

    UNless you stop totally using Canada post forever.. you still got to let the postman know that he has to do his job correctly so that it is delivered. IF the system is what yu have said ( any signature will do) .. then you shld be a postman ( as we know items parcels are shipped this way) and keep the parcels and just put any signature on it.

    Also for teh sake of the other people, ( who uses Canada Post), yourself adn Canada Post.. the matter shld be pursued.

    Good luck and a Final note is stay away from teh postman who rings twice....

    rgds
    d

  2. #42
    Still Plays With Blocks
    The BoardSMITH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Posts
    516
    This is getting stranger by the day.

    Just spoke with USPS International Inquiry Center to start a claim. The new information they have, which isn't available on the tracking, is the package was refused (?) and has been returned to me. I was told it has been sent to my local post office and should arrive either today or tomorrow. I'll see what has been stamped on the package by Canada Post.

  3. #43
    Still Plays With Blocks
    The BoardSMITH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Posts
    516
    Mystery Solved!

    The package has been returned to me this afternoon. On one corner was RTS for return to sender with the address on the label X'd through. On the upper right of the label, extending onto the box was
    MOVED. I guess 117 Danzig St isn't a good address.

  4. #44
    What a weird thread???

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by The BoardSMITH View Post
    Mystery Solved!

    The package has been returned to me this afternoon. On one corner was RTS for return to sender with the address on the label X'd through. On the upper right of the label, extending onto the box was
    MOVED. I guess 117 Danzig St isn't a good address.
    Ah thank goodness everything has been solve, I felt like I was gulity of losing my own box for a second there.ALso I figured you might have had the wrong address but let the idea slip my mind.I will send my address to you via email and hope we can do this right this time.

  6. #46

    knyfeknerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Posts
    2,601
    Those crazy Canadians named a street after Glenn Danzig?
    Stranger things have happened.
    I'm glad the mystery was solved..................
    ....and I woulda got away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

  7. #47
    Edit-I just realize I payed with paypal...so the wrong address couldn't have been me BUT I do understand david is on a really hectic schedule and that am just glad the mystery has been solve.

    All in All I would say I came out of this experience a better shopper and learned the steps I should/could take if something as this happened again.I'm glad there was so many good advices coming from people, great forum and I will def post a picture of the board once it comes

  8. #48
    Glad it all worked out...so far. (Don't want to jinx things...)
    one man gathers what another man spills...

  9. #49
    Senior Member zitangy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SIngapore
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Glad it all worked out...so far. (Don't want to jinx things...)
    g;ad to hear that you dont have to become a mail box raider to get even.

    1. Good to note that Boardsmith pursued all teh way athis end. That's service indeed. He has been paid and if it is lost/ misplaced or wrongly delivered.. its not his problemo really. But that's service.

    2. CP .. was a bit wishy washy. First they claimed that ti was delivered! then they said that cant be delivered for no such address. Whayever it is , if you or boardsmith didnt persue the matter, it will be somewhere sitting in teh warehouse somewhere or someone will be keeping it. Not necessarily teh postman.

    3. Wrong address: has to eb sorted out where the mistake lies.

    4. CP. responsibility is delivered to the right address, correct household and not just leave it at the door! I believe that it's a norm that fi there is no one at home, they will a note for you to collect at teh post office personally. ID wld be required and not jsut any signature will do. They have the responisbility to deliver to the right person.

    5. Now that your faith in CP has been restored.. shop more.. buy more more knives and boards.

    rgds
    d

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by zitangy View Post
    g;ad to hear that you dont have to become a mail box raider to get even.

    1. Good to note that Boardsmith pursued all teh way athis end. That's service indeed. He has been paid and if it is lost/ misplaced or wrongly delivered.. its not his problemo really. But that's service.

    2. CP .. was a bit wishy washy. First they claimed that ti was delivered! then they said that cant be delivered for no such address. Whayever it is , if you or boardsmith didnt persue the matter, it will be somewhere sitting in teh warehouse somewhere or someone will be keeping it. Not necessarily teh postman.

    3. Wrong address: has to eb sorted out where the mistake lies.

    4. CP. responsibility is delivered to the right address, correct household and not just leave it at the door! I believe that it's a norm that fi there is no one at home, they will a note for you to collect at teh post office personally. ID wld be required and not jsut any signature will do. They have the responisbility to deliver to the right person.

    5. Now that your faith in CP has been restored.. shop more.. buy more more knives and boards.

    rgds
    d
    I'm also glad david pursue it to the end, but so would have any other seller considering buyers can't lodge a complaint which I find very weird.The only thing that made me unhappy about this is that I was made to feel at fault for 'waiting around for the delivery' when in the end,it was a address mix up.

    Now to be FAIR cp did messed up by the way they updated things but if you were to fault CP, you would also have to fault the seller for putting the wrong address.Now don't get me wrong like I said previously he is very busy man and I understand he is a 1 man operation and mistakes can happen with such a tight schedule.I only express this thought because your post seem to imply that david is by no means at fault what so ever and that just isn't true.We are humans and as such we all make mistakes and that is not a bad thing as long as we own up to it and move on

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •