Need gluten-free help

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajhuff

Banned
Reaction score
Gluten-free cooking is completely alien to me. I know nothing of the substitutes or products. I have been asked to cook dinner at a friends house and his wife is gluten and oat bran "intolerant." I am approaching this as a practice run as a personal chef as that is a career path that tempts me.

I need a gluten free egg noodle for beef stroganoff. I can roll my own or use store bought but was looking for experienced suggestions for something that tastes GOOD.

Thanks,

-AJ

Stoganoff is normally served with Rice-change the menu and you eliminate the problem.

The only gluten free noodles that I know of that have great flavor are buckwheat soba noodles and they should go great with your stroganoff, just make sure they are 100% buckwheat and not blended with wheat flour.

There are some some pretty good brown rice noodles that can substitute for flour noodles.

I did a workshop with that guy. He drank A LOT of Diet Pepsi. A LOT.

Really? I have never ever had it with rice.

-AJ

Every restaurant I have worked in always had rice as the accompaniment.I believe that Straw potatoes are the traditional Russian side.Either way ,give it a go -got to easier than making or finding a good Gluten free product.Over here in Oz there is a local farmer making Banana flour which makes good pasta but i dont know if it can be found anywhere else?

Latest posts

Back