Quantcast
A day in the shop with Hoss.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A day in the shop with Hoss....

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmnms View Post
    I would much rather spend a few day cleaning up after and assisting/learning from Devin than going to Las Vegas.

I will say though, I stayed off the strip and enjoyed LV more than previously (never did much gambling).

Also, as I was falling asleep last night, I realized a single word to describe my day: Hossome!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Glad to hear that you had a great day with an esteemed knife maker. Definitely on my bucket list.. to grind and fix a handle and keep the knife complete with my misteps/ ****-ups as a testament of my serious attempt in knife making ( can only go that distance) and be dang proud of it as long as it cuts straight.... its still my handi work.

Have tried french polishing on some of my antiques and the poor finishing is a testament of my inapt standard.. butu I am proud of it.... that I did it.

Not too many poeple wld have the priviliege to be able to do so..

rgds
    d

Quote Originally Posted by zitangy View Post
    Glad to hear that you had a great day with an esteemed knife maker. Definitely on my bucket list.. to grind and fix a handle and keep the knife complete with my misteps/ ****-ups as a testament of my serious attempt in knife making ( can only go that distance) and be dang proud of it as long as it cuts straight.... its still my handi work.

Have tried french polishing on some of my antiques and the poor finishing is a testament of my inapt standard.. butu I am proud of it.... that I did it.

Not too many poeple wld have the priviliege to be able to do so..

rgds
    d
    Exactly how I have felt about my few feeble repairs + enhancements. I think if I hadn't screwed this up so badly, we would have left a lot more of my flaws in place.

Of course, with the polishing, sharpening and handle still on the ToDos for this, there are plenty of chances for my "signature!"
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Real heir-loom piece definitely ..... seriously.

D