My fist japanese knife Suisin Inox Honyaki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrowhawk

Reaction score
After months of looking on this site. Trying to find a knife that I like I took the plunge and bought a Suisin Inox Honyaki.
I can't believe how sharp this knife is.
keep in mind I am comparing this to my run of the mill box store knifes I now own.
Now I have to learn how to use it.

Congratulation Bill. She is a good looker.

It's a great knife. I have a gyuto and a suji. Enjoy.

-AJ

Awesome what size ect? I am trying to decide between that knife and the Gesshin Ginga.

I have the SIH 240 gyuto, and was able to try the Suji over the weekend. the whole SIH series is fantastic. I joined this forum b/c of the recommendation for the SIH and how pleased I was with the purchase. It's more than just the sharpness, it's the steel, the geometry, and the QC that Suisin has for their products.

RE the Ginga: after some digging on the forum (there are a couple of threads on this already) and a conversation with Jon, I would summarize it like this: the SIH is probably marginally better than the Ginga...but the Ginga is a much better value.

If you want to talk it through with Jon, give him a call. He's a member of this forum and loves to talk about this stuff.

Finally....if you haven't had someone who knows what they are going sharpen your SIH or are using the OOTB edge, you haven't really experienced this knife yet.

Back