• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carter IP Funy 6.9 sun

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamanegiKin

Reaction score
Here's one I picked up from Lefty a little while ago.
It's a Carter 6.9 sun or about 210mm Kurouchi funayuki in gokunantetsu(whatever that is).
Handle is ironwood with red liners and copper laminate bolster.
Haven't used this one very much, only touched it up on a 6k a few times an a 2k a couple times. The steel ime sharpened up really nicely/easily and the edge retention was real good. If I'm not mistaken, before Lefty acquired this one it used to belong to Pensacola Tiger. I loved playing with this one but I gotta sell some to get some more. I also picked up a saya for this one and it fits snug with no pin.
Asking $500 shipped conus. Thanks

20130416_150202.jpg

20130416_150218.jpg

20130416_150548.jpg

20130416_150641.jpg

20130416_150703.jpg

Forgot to mention there is light patina that's hard to detect in the pictures.
Also, this was a second from Carter, Lefty mentioned he couldn't figure out why and neither could I.

Wow...I was just thinking about this knife today.

Forgot to mention there is light patina that's hard to detect in the pictures.
Also, this was a second from Carter, Lefty mentioned he couldn't figure out why and neither could I.

Really?

It has his name stamp. I thought that was a sure sign that a knife is first quality.

Nice to see it again. It was a hard knife to part with.

It is a "second". I kept the description that was posted on Murray's website when I bought it in May of 2011.

STYLE: International Pro, Funayuki
STEEL: Gokunantetsu laminate
HANDLE: Ironwood
PIN: Mosaic center pin
BOLSTER: Copper G-10 Laminate
LINERS: Red
WEIGHT: 187 grams
BLADE LENGTH: 6.9 sun, 209mm (8¼")
BLADE WIDTH: 47mm
*Slight Cosmetic imperfection
Sell Price: $539.58

I, too, looked for this imperfection, but couldn't find it.

If you bought one today, it would be upwards of $700.

Rick

Carters news letter also mentioned today that he is done witb custom orders...so even im considering this one.

Congrats to both....and glad this one sold. That is a sweet knife!

Been looking for one just like this for a long time.... Murray sadly "dosn't make em like he used to" so I lucked out on this one. So to be "that guy" but I couldn't wait around on this one :devilburn:

Back