• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Suisin Hayate Doi 300 sakimaru

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamanegiKin

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone knows about the Doi' so i'll save you the reading time.
Picked this up over christmas and haven't used it.
I just can't get around to using it, don't judge me.
I did put a small dent into the edge while pulling it out of the built in display cabinet at home(Doh!).
It's very small and was tricky to photograph.
I very lightly touched up the ura to see if I could get it out but stopped a few strokes after starting because I just didn't want to fuss with it. I highly doubt it hinders performance and at least to me it looks like it'll sharpen out after a few sharpening sessions.
If I can pass this one on I will go back to a less expensive yanagiba which at least for now is more within my comfort zone for work knives. My bonehead move in dinging the edge will save ya around $300 off the new price. Asking $700 shipped and paypaled conus. Thanks

20121226_161350.jpg

20121226_161800.jpg

20130416_155220.jpg

20130416_155729.jpg

20130416_160043.jpg

20130416_160444(0).jpg

Nice!!
I have too many slicer for home use. :(
Yet, the price is attractive even to me. Somebody buy this!!

I'm going to withdraw this one.
It's gonna get used once and for all ha.
Thanks for looking

Ok, I have no other choice than to put this back up for sale.
Work is slow and bills have to paid. I'll put it back up for consideration $50 lower this time so $650 shipped conus.
Thanks

I love my two Doi, wore them way down on the stones over the years. Anyone who can get used to the sakimaru shape should really enjoy this one!

Bump.
As I mentioned in my other thread this one is still available and down to $600.
Thanks

Thanks Von Blewitt, it's a heck of a knife!

Aaand this one is spoken for.
Thanks kkf

Phew, thanks whoever bought it! What a great deal on a beautiful knife!

Back