Quantcast
Paleo Diet - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paleo Diet

did paleo man have fire? cant remember my pre history history..

Well, the idea is to strive to follow Paleo diet most of the time, while giving yourself some flexibility for occasions like eating at friends homes, eating out or eating your favorite food that is not Paleo. I allow myself 3-4 meals per week that are not Paleo. I actually gained some lean muscle weight (Paleo+Crossfit), and I really like it. I gave up coffee and wine and can't say that I miss it much.

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    You eat meat,eggs,vegatables and fruit....minus potato.There are no processed foods at all. I was able to drop 35 pounds of fat in 6 weeks.I do cheat and have some sushi,I can't give that up.
    No pasta???????

Funnily enough, a good friend of mine who recently moved back to Joisey (WHY??? cuz she lost her work here and her new boyfriend is well grounded there) and opened a CrossFit gym posted this on FB.
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

My general rule of diet is don't eat anything that comes from a box, a bag or a can. Stay away from anything processed if you really want to loose weight - and that means ANY flour ground from any grain. Small quantities of whole grains - rice, quinoa, barley, etc - are ok, but flours made from these get digested too quickly. Whole wheat bread is NOT a whole grain food.
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

i recently changed my life. i simply eat less. no more fast food. (tiny bits on road trips ). i rarely eat out either. i cook everything. no take outs.

i quit drinking booze for two years. zip. i now have an occasional glass of FANTASTIC wine. i exercise daily.

my blood work stunned my doc. blood pressure all normal. she is so happy. i lost a bit of weight. i LOOK skinnier. i wont focus on one type of diet. i just made a global mind change. watch what i eat.

oatmeal every work morning. salad for lunch..exercise. that is all.

you guys make fun of that show Diners, drive-in and dives..i hate the show. but i was amazed how crazy fattening alot of the show food is. i understand how restaurants need to make the food delicious..i get it. but we collectively use alot of butter!

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by boomchakabowwow View Post
    i recently changed my life. i simply eat less. no more fast food. (tiny bits on road trips ). i rarely eat out either. i cook everything. no take outs.

i quit drinking booze for two years. zip. i now have an occasional glass of FANTASTIC wine. i exercise daily.

my blood work stunned my doc. blood pressure all normal. she is so happy. i lost a bit of weight. i LOOK skinnier. i wont focus on one type of diet. i just made a global mind change. watch what i eat.

oatmeal every work morning. salad for lunch..exercise. that is all.

you guys make fun of that show Diners, drive-in and dives..i hate the show. but i was amazed how crazy fattening alot of the show food is. i understand how restaurants need to make the food delicious..i get it. but we collectively use alot of butter!
    Now this is the proper approach, IMHO. No trendy "diet of the month". You can eat anything you want once in a while, as long as you.... Eat less, move more.

I was just fixin' to post that TED talk -

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    No pasta???????
    Asking a "Guido" to give up pasta and bread is a tall order. I had a bite of bread last weekend and can't say I miss it a bit.I don't feel that cutting out processed and junk food from your diet is a "Fad".

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike9 View Post
    I was just fixin' to post that TED talk -
    TED talk????

+ Reply to Thread