• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tasatsuna and moritaka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbochef422

Reaction score
Just bought both of these and neither one what I'm looking for. What am I looking for you may ask, well I think I'll know when I find it. The tad is 270mm with saya for $250 which is a really good deal I think and moritaka is 210 mm blue 2 for $100. Thanks for looking
image.jpg

I'll take the Moritaka -- pm coming.

When you find what you're looking for, I hope you share it. I know you really use them well. Nice knives, congrats with the sale.

how does the blue #2 compare to usual blue, or maybe white #2 ?

I've got a couple of other Moritakas in AS, and this was the first I've tried in blue #2. I thinned it a little and freshened up the edge, but didn't spend a whole lot of time with it -- it's currently on loan to snowbrother, whose kit was stolen from work. My initial sense, though, was that it felt a bit softer than their AS, but not dramatically so. The more significant difference is that it's a bit thicker behind the edge than my other Moritakas (esp. my nakiri, which takes and holds an amazingly acute edge). Between that and the steel, it should be a pretty sturdy knife.

Snowbrother may have more thoughts about it, since he's currently using it in a commercial kitchen.

I'd like to buy your Moritaka 210 if its still for sale. please let me know!

Back