D. Martell Gallery - Hiromoto AS... Full Spa Treatment

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Since I've done more a few of these, and have many still waiting to get done, I thought it'd be fun to show them all in one spot instead of having the pictures scattered all over the place.

I haven't photo'd every one that I've done yet this should represent a good portion of the more full blown Hiromoto AS work accomplished - AKA "Full Spa Treatment". I'll just show these, I'll leave out the rehandle only knives, but all the rehandles can be seen in my rehandle gallery HERE.

Let's start off with a before & after shot and go on from there....

P1010009-6.jpg

P1010013-2.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's a Hiro AS gyuto in the middle...BEFORE
attachment.php

now AFTER....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

P1010006-21.jpg

P1010023-4.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's a petty...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Another BEFORE...
P1010003-30.jpg

with it's AFTER....
P1010002-20.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Another petty...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well that's it for now. More to come as they get done.... :)

I'm excited to get mine bc I haven't used it yet so it'll feel like Christmas

Man, when I see your work giving these Hiromotos the full goods, it Always make me consider getting one. naturally I would want to tweak it myself first, than after making a mess of things I'd send out to you. That's how I see that going down...

Ooohh, I think mine is still with you, hope to see more pics here soon ;)

stefan

Wowza! Man, they look *great*! Love the contrast right at the lamination line and the "middle shade" right above it. Combined with the matte cladding and darkened hagane, the end result is some serious eye-candy.

Great looking work, can't wait to get mine back, I might have to get a suji for you to do so I can have a pair! Or maybe a santoku for my girlfriend.

Love the edge treatment Dave - really gorgeous work.

Those knives really pop Dave. Beautiful .

Awesome! I have 4 knives in this thread. :D Thanks for the great work Dave!

I miss mine, that'll be the last time I sell a knife unless it is dire circumstances.

Amazing work Dave...love the crisp, even bevels on so many of those....damned depressing though!

What's the handle on the suji sliced ? I love the colors

I just finished up 4 more (for Noah, Justin, Stefan, & Daniel) Hiro AS's tonight - performance packages only done - no handles on these. If I can get my new PC to work with my old camera software I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Selfishly speaking, I'm thrilled by Dave's last post. Woohoo! But dang, those new handles look fantastic....

:thumbsup: Excellent, this is huge news.

Here are the 4 Hiromoto AS Performance Package knives that just got done yesterday. Something worth noting is that even though all 4 were done by me exactly the same at the same time they all came out quite different from each other. The oldest of the bunch (Stefan's with the Fish handle) is the most striking, it came with the old school "drippy cladding" that you don't see from them much anymore. Also notice how the left sides look so much different than the right sides on the same knives. You really never know what you'll get from these knives when thinned & etched.

From top to bottom....

Daniel

Stefan

Justin

Noah

P1010012.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010016.JPG

OK this one came out very nice and being that it's got a Fish handle on it I thought that it deserved it's on post.

Time for some drool.... :drool:

P1010019.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010022.JPG

P1010023.JPG

P1010026.JPG

P1010027.JPG

P1010028.JPG

P1010030.JPG

P1010031.JPG

Great work, Dave! Now, how can I ever use this again without messing up the great look? ;)

Stefan

Amazing stuff Dave, keep up the outstanding work. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back