Quantcast
Gallery - Hiromoto AS... Full Spa Treatment - Page 9
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gallery - Hiromoto AS... Full Spa Treatment

Oh I can't wait!! So purty

This customer had a vision....he wanted to do the Hiromoto Performance Package & handle upgrade with a twist - he wanted to pay tribute to the original Handle King - Fish 'n Poi! Of course I jumped on this opportunity.

Am I up to Fish's standards? No...but I did my best and I think Fish would approve.

The handles are made from HI Koa (Fish's #1 wood choice), figured maple, G10 spacers, and mosaic pins. The design of the split woods on an angle came from the customer searching Fish's old pictures of his work.

The gyuto blade was thinned pre-etching but this one didn't give up that great Hiro AS look we all hope for. It does have a very clean look to it though, I hope that makes up for the lack of craziness.

So what do you guys think?

Wow! Absolutely beautiful. Love the handles.

Wow. How have I not seen this thread before. Awesome work Dave, amazing upgrade for these knives.

beauty.

That's just incredible Dave. Outstanding!
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Can't thank Dave enough for these. Been admiring his work from afar for a while and couldn't resist the urge to get involved...

These are clearly works of art and I have to say what a pleasure it's been working with Dave on our little project.

I just hope I can live up to them...

Thanks Dave

Engorged Member
    Snap!
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Quote Originally Posted by gngrprince View Post
    Can't thank Dave enough for these. Been admiring his work from afar for a while and couldn't resist the urge to get involved...

These are clearly works of art and I have to say what a pleasure it's been working with Dave on our little project.

I just hope I can live up to them...

Thanks Dave

You signed up - awesome! Thanks again for the opportunity to do something different and most importantly to honor Fish's work.