Quantcast
Gallery - Hiromoto AS... Full Spa Treatment - Page 16
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Gallery - Hiromoto AS... Full Spa Treatment

Here's two more Performance Package Hiromotos.....240mm gyuto & 190mm santoku....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010002.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	23173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010006.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	23174  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010010.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	23176  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Love the result! These knives really benefit from your work. Hiromoto should hire you for this!

Here is Erica's 240mm Hiromoto. It's been thinned & etched and everything rounded smooth. The handle configuration has been converted from full to hidden tang, AZ Ironwood installed, along with copper-black G10-copper spacers, and a copper mosaic pin.

The handle was shaped differently than I usually do because someone (ahem - Jim) has been after me to do a rounded rear end and once tested I really liked it and wanted to do it to this knife since I could tell the look would work. Beyond looks, this rounded rear feels very good in the hand (did you catch what I did here?LOL) and unless people have an objection to it I'm going to continue doing this moving forward from here. Please let me know what you think - be honest!

The ironwood that Erica sourced is superb! I really love the look it gives off. The wood is finished to a satin luster, it's hand finished and simply oiled. IMO ironwood doesn't want to be shiny like a mirror so I don't force the issue.

Erica, I hope you get lots of joy and years of use from this one.

OMG!!

I LOVE it! The rounded butt is nice, I really like that. I just wish Mother Nature was so kind

Thank you Dave

Just WOW!

Very nice indeed. Congratulations to both of you!

OMG! The pictures don't even capture how beautiful the knife and handle is. It's just stunning and the handle is so comfortable. My husband said I might have to get another one for ME lol. Dave, you are a master. Thank you <3