• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Watanabe 210 gyuto with handle upgrade, Masamoto Virgin Carbon 270 suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiscoNole

Reaction score
I am the original owner of both knives.

The Watanabe is a 210mm gyuto in blue steel #2. When I ordered it I chose to upgrade the handle from the Ho wood D-shape to a Keyaki octagon handle. I've only sharpened it 2-3 times and it has a light patina. Paid $350 for it, I'd like to get $275 shipped in the CONUS.

The Masamoto is a 270mm sujihiki in Masamoto's proprietary Virgin Carbon steel. This is a great western-handled carbon suji. The steel is excellent and holds an edge well. Thin but not frail. Bought for $260 from Korin, I'd like to get $190 shipped in the CONUS.

Sorry for the terrible pictures. Any scratches are from a green scrubby (so nowhere near "deep") and are highlighted from the flash.

20130417_222857_zpsaf99590d.jpg

20130417_222752_zps2423c9de.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Your inbox is full. I'm interested in the suji. PM me when you can!

Have the same suji and I'm a fan, the steel is fun to work with. Handle is very large if you like big handles.

Back