Customers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
Just had an exchange with a customer in Texas. She first claimed there where knife scratches on the bottom of her board then when I saw the photos she sent they turned out to be limb scars. Her rant was they would cause the board to fail in the future and wanted me to warranty the board for however long it was she wanted. The end result is she has threatened to demean and besmirch me on the internet forums if I didn't guarantee it forever. She even read the thread here about the defective board which hit the dumpster some time ago and claimed hers was one of those.

Then there is the customer in California who ordered two containers of Board Butter which they received on 3/27. On 4/8 they made a claim with their credit card company claiming they were either damaged on receipt or not as described. If they were damaged all they had to do was let me know and I would file a claim with the post office. Not as described, they were two tubs of wax. How could that be not as described. Now they want their $30.60 back, I will be hit with an additional $20.00 for the chargeback and they will get the two containers for free.

Thank goodness the majority of my customers are good people and not as petty.

I realize this may sound like a rant but I thought I could vent a little among friends.

80/20 rule, my friend. Spent 80% of your time dealing with 20% of the customers.

It sucks, but there are a fair amount of pricks in the world.

If she tries to slander or demean you here, or really any knife forum, I am sure it will be dealt with swiftly by your loyal customers.

(BTW, my board has numerous cut marks too, and for some reason more every day :doublethumbsup:, I would not have it any other way)

Sorry to hear it, David. Try not to let it get to you too much. There should be someway for you to dispute the chargeback, no?

Sorry, Dave! Work would be great if it weren't for the clients/ customers and co-workers! The woman's complaint harkens back to a thread you had a while back. You may need to get some close-up photos, etc. of "imperfect, but natural and 100% okay" boards so people know they will not look like they were milled from a sheet of steel or plastic.

Sad to hear that customers are not acting decent, but such is life unfortunately.
Now for a quetion, what is a limb scar? Google didn't turn up anything useful.

Thanks and as many others, i love my boardsmiths...

About the chargeback, I did dispute it with the original order receipt, mail receipt where I purchased the postage and the delivery receipt showing day, date and time of the delivery. But the credit card companies always side with the customer because we all know the big, bad company is out to screw the customer at every opportunity.

The limb scar I describe is where a limb started to grow out of the tree and left a mark which can be just a discoloration or a small scar that needs a bit of wax to fill. In this case it was filled with wax and was on the underside with the feet. The side she wouldn't use anyway.

That sucks...there are always @$$holes out there trying to get something for nothing...even from good small businesses like yours. :(

If I had a magic Karma wand, I'd leave a dent in their foreheads with it!

In any case, mine arrived, precisely as advertised, packed with great care. It's now living on my countertop blithely:

8660902521_628166caf8.jpg

Don't worry mate, it will take more than one woman's besmirching to tarnish your reputation! In fact, I would like to see her try on this forum!

Make them go through the trouble of returning the merchandise at their expense, or make them prove their claim. I win some disputes as a merchant. If that witch sends the board back, I'll buy it as is. I own one of your boards, it's terrific. I have one of your big lazy Susan's . Love it. Your a good guy and part of this "family". Oh , and throw in a board butter, I'll buy that too.

there are just some customers that you wld be better off without them.

Better to refund them, take a loss , a small one in the long run and be happy. Not worth the agro...

rgds
d

Just orderd a board; no doubt about your skills and the qualities of you boards.

Tell her to send it to me! I love your boards.

About the chargeback, I did dispute it with the original order receipt, mail receipt where I purchased the postage and the delivery receipt showing day, date and time of the delivery. But the credit card companies always side with the customer because we all know the big, bad company is out to screw the customer at every opportunity.

Actually, the reason the CC companies always side with the customer is that they make most of their money from fees and this lets them charge another one. If they side with the customer they get nothing and it's not likely that you're going to stop accepting their cards because of it.:angry1:

Insist she returns the board, credit her account, I stand by my offer to buy the board as is, as a matter of principle.

80/20 rule, my friend. Spent 80% of your time dealing with 20% of the customers.

It sucks, but there are a fair amount of pricks in the world.

If she tries to slander or demean you here, or really any knife forum, I am sure it will be dealt with swiftly by your loyal customers.

(BTW, my board has numerous cut marks too, and for some reason more every day :doublethumbsup:, I would not have it any other way)

You bet... Boards are tools just like the knives we use on them. They are meant to pretty, I haven't seen a boardsmith board that wasn't, but they are also going to go through a little abuse and show evidence of that. If she wanted something to hang on the wall she should have bought a monet. Then again I'm sure she would have found flaws in that too ;x.

Insist she returns the board, credit her account, I stand by my offer to buy the board as is, as a matter of principle.

I'd buy it as well. Need a good board at the gf's place.

Its one reason I took a pay cut 12 years ago. Stopped waiting tables and started cooking.

Sucks if you still live in both worlds.

Maybe if you can't find good woodworkers to train, you might still grow enough to hire someone to work in the office!

Back