Quantcast
you restaurant guys. be honest, do you think your food is healthy? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: you restaurant guys. be honest, do you think your food is healthy?

When I think of healthy food, I remember a friend who decided to only eat raw, organic fruits, nuts and vegetables.
    He actually became fanatical about it to the point where he lost his wife and kids.
    There was no argument that he was eating healthy even though after a year he was so gaunt that people thought he had aids or something.

To me, eating healthy is good food handling practices, don't eat spoiled or questionable food, and don't over do things.
    Balanced diet, keeping active and a good attitude is what it takes to keep me healthy.

BTW: am I the only one that feels a comment like "be honest now" implies that I would lie otherwise?
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@burlsales.com
    Visit our web store

Sorry about the attitude.
    I was kind of cranky yesterday.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@burlsales.com
    Visit our web store

I agree about trying to make home cooked meals as often as possible,

Its all about portions, I keep reminding myself that I can always take it home and finish it tomorrow when I go eat out.

Eat as healthy as you can, get your heart pumping once a day for at least half an hour and enjoy life!

Eat to live? -> live to eat... but as long as we are at it... eat very, very well!

I am a former NYC line cook who has worked in several kitchens....My opinion on this is pretty straight forward....some of the food I cooked was definitely high in fat and at times overly decadent, but it many respects it was what people wanted when they went out to eat in a fine dining setting...I will not go as far as to say it was healthy, but the products we used were fresh and not processed, which I do believe make difference in terms of your health

I would say no.. not heart healthy at least. Everything we make involves butter, duck fat or bacon in one way or another. We do use all fresh and local ingredients and never buy anything pre-made (not even the ketchup), we make everything. So in that regards, it's healthy because we know what we are putting into everything we make.

i work in a french inspired pacific rim kitchen here in hawaii at the disney aulani. jesus bro i put about 3/4 stick of butter in a single order of in our veggie cream pasta. and every thing is cooked in clarified butter except when asked to cook in olive oil.

+ Reply to Thread